<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

ok ok...so like I said I'm back for a second time today. Nothing really to say other than the rest of my day is going to be spent studying at kelley's house for my test tomorrow. It's my first Graduate school test so I'm a little nervous. But just a little. With the crap I go through on a daily basis it really takes a lot to get me nervous about a situation. I literally went to the house of a client that lived next door to a crack house....seriously. So it's hard to get anxious about a test, but in the same breath I know what all is riding on this. It's gets under my skin a little. I won't lie. Anyway...this blog is going through some changes. I'm beginning to figure out the system here and I think that I just enabled comments so feel free to comment away. Shit...go crazy! I would really like to feel like there's someone out there that I'm actually writing this for. Mike I expect to hear something from you and erin and I expect something from frank and brian, and from the other mike. But I only say that becuase I like to know that I'm not wasting my time. Though I know that I probably am anyway.

seriously though...if you know how to burn PS2 games get back to me. Either form .bin & .cue's off the internet or from renting at blockbuster.

Now on to more pressing matters. I have five more minutes to type and then lunch is over and I have to go back and see a client.

I'm thinking about getting rid of Zod. I know that sounds like crazy talk but I think it would be good for me in the long run. What do you guys think? Basically he gets about 20 miles to the gallon at best and gas is killing me considering I work about 30 miles from home. I have to fill up (approximately $34 and climbing) about twice a week. It really hurts. On top of that I have to fix something about once a week. obviously I don't have that kind of time so I have a little bit of a back-log of shit to do to him. Talk to me people.

Tommy " The hatchback is calling" Schubert

Comments:
in order to post a comment you have to Click on the "#" that's to the left of my name and the date at the bottom of each post. Then go down to the bottom and click "post a comment". Don't worry...took me a while to figure that one out too...
 
yeah. I have been doing my homework and at this point everytime I go to the dealer and start asking questions, no one has any idea what the hell I'm talking about. Love that. But on a more important note the car that I have been looking into most frequently (oddly enough) is the Ford Focus zx3/zx5. I mean. I really like the look of the car, I hear it's a good performer and it gets pretty darn good gas mileage. so...really there's nothing that I should be having a problem with. However, right now I'm trying to get my shit together with school and I can't decide if I have the money, and I drive a LOT and what's the point of getting a new car if you're just going to beat the shit out of it? I'm seriously doing at least 3000 miles a month. I didn't do that many miles even when I lived in san antonio and came home twice a month! But I'm tring to work out the particulars. I'm under the impression that it's a good time to buy from about august to about january. So next year about this time I'll be looking into buying. Right now I'm just looking into looking into buying. So yeah...

Tommy "yes...yes I have been busy" Schubert
 
I'm kinda against brand new cars. Maybe because I can't afford one. But if you find a used car with not too many miles on it (say, less than 30,000 or so) you can buy a warrenty that isn't too bad.

Me, I'm driving my car till it dies, which I expect to be any day. but I've been saying that for 4 years now. I put, maybe, $400 a year in repairs into it, max. And I only paid $1300 for it.

So my vote goes to a used Honda civic, because I've had great luck with mine. And because there's a shit-ton of them out there, so parts and repairs are relatively cheap.

-Karin
 
oh HELL no brand-new car. Especially considering the depreciation of the Focus. I can get a 2003 model FROM THE DEALER for 8,000 plus TT&L. But there are a shit-ton of them out there too so they are cheap as well. Basically I'm trying to shy away from the Civic...and you are going to laugh when I tell you why. They don't have a Hatchback that's economic with fuel. yeah...crazy huh? I just don't think that I can actually own a car with a trunk. I wouldn't know what to do with it so I think I would rather have a hatch. I mean...I have ALWAYS had a hatch. Hobbes = Hatch, Zod = Hatch...I mean...on top of being in LOVE with the look of hatchbacks I just don't think I want a trunk. But Civics are really good cars and cheap...so I'm torn. Basically I'll have more answers later. I just wanted to some feedback...THANKS GUYS! :)

Tommy "likes his new Web Log" Schubert
 
I would stay the fuck away from the focus, if I were you. Those things have been recalled because the fuel filter clogs, the engine stalls (besides the fuel filter problem), the engine catches fire, and the front suspension collapses, among other problems.

http://consumeraffairs.com/news02/ford_focus.html

If you can spend $1,300 on a car and only pay $400 a year in repairs, great, but you're still gambling. You never really know how well a used car has been maintained, and especially when it gets old, you never know when it's going to break and leave you in a bind.

Buying an only slightly used car is a good way to hedge that bet, especially if it comes with a warranty. A lot of dealers sell "certified" (find out what that really means) used cars that come with pretty good warranties. But a lot of times those cars aren't really much cheaper than a brand new low-end car. Keep your eyes out for a deal.
 
ok...I'll give you some credit for that one. The 2001 and 2002 foci were ass. Total ass. But the 2003+ are all winning reliability awards.

Tommy
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?