Saturday, October 23, 2004
Certificate of Authenticity...For My Hand
Hey everyone. Big day today. Dallas Comic Con was today. Almost didn't go. I didn't get a single dork-appropiate response from the invite to go to the con. Really dissappointed. I mean. It used to be the case where I had to drive all over town picking people up to come with me. Not this time. Kelley graciously went with me out of pitty. But mostly I just felt bad about dragging her there. I don't like putting people in situations that they don't want to be in just so I can go somewhere. Talked a little with Scott Kurtz, the local artist and writer that does PVP. That was cool as usual. He remembers my face now, which is pretty cool. Talked to Nick Darrington before we went in and he wanted me to give Scott his phone number. So I had an in! It's funny the way that works. I really know that if I wanted to I could go out and be really pushy and do stuff with Scott's crew...but that's just not how I work. I just don't want to intrude on someone's life like that when I'm not invited. So basically I relay information between nick and scott. Anyway...enough about how weird it is to be friends with a person who's friends with the guy who writes the comic you have been reading for 7 years. Weird. Anyway...ALSO weird is the fact that I met Brent Spinner, Steven Dorf, and the dude who played Q. Just shook their hands. That was more than good enough for me really. Made me REALLY nervous. But...are you guys ready for the icing on the cake? I thought so. Wil Wheaton signed my gamecube. yup..I know that's crazy but now I have origional art from Scott Kurtz, the Penny-Arcade guys' signatures, AND Wil Wheaton's Signature. Wil thought my Cube was totally awsome and said that he would gladly sign my cube. It was awsome...so awsome in fact that I think he still has my pen...I was a little TOO nervous talking to him. Yeah...I had some fun...definately worth the 5 bucks to get in...but I really didn't have anyone to dork out with...oh well :(
Side note...did you guys know that all the big names there were charging like 30 bucks to get signatures. Fucked up huh? It's weird to think that their signatures actually have a real world monitary value all by themselves. I don't know what that would feel like. Probably not very good I'd imagine. Shallow life at that point....charging complete dorks thirty bucks for a Signature just because they worship you and will actually pay that. Fucked up.
I guess I promised a list of games that I'm trying to get my hands on this season but will never have enough money for. I'll make it easy.
GameCube: Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 2: Echos, Mario Tennis, Killer 7, Resident Evil 4, Baten Kaitos, Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within, Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, X-men Legends, Alien Hominid, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
Game Boy Advance: Legend of Zelda: The Minnish Cap, Mawaru Made in Wario, Fire Emblem: Seima no Kouseki, Metal Slug Advance and Tokyo Xtreme Racer Advance. And of course the Lik-Sang Video player.
Nintendo DS...yeah...I just want one of those.
PC Games: Half-Life 2, Guild Wars, D&D Online, Auto Assult, The Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, World of Warcraft, Sid Meier's Pirates!, and STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl.
Wow...that's actually the short list. And yes....completely without links. Do you have ANY idea how long that took me? And how long it would have taken to add links? Yeah...get over it. Anyway...not all of those have release dates this year....but if any of them sound interesting just check them out. I'm pretty sure I spelled them all right so just hit gamespot, gamespy, or IGN and look them up. On that note I would like to inform everyone that was interested in Oblivion to go and check out the finally released preview with screen shots. I read them all already so I'll just link the best for ya. The game is going to be awsome. Even if you don't care you should really check the screenshots.
No interesting news today...other than Moen and I fucking DESTROYING on UT2004...but still losing. Yup...nothing. Did you know that metallic Sharpie's don't come with pocket clips? weird.
Music I'm listening to right now: Supreme Beings of Leisure - ST
Game I last played: Unreal Tournament 2004 (DESTROYED!!!!)
Tommy "Sign the plush's butt dude..." Schubert
Side note...did you guys know that all the big names there were charging like 30 bucks to get signatures. Fucked up huh? It's weird to think that their signatures actually have a real world monitary value all by themselves. I don't know what that would feel like. Probably not very good I'd imagine. Shallow life at that point....charging complete dorks thirty bucks for a Signature just because they worship you and will actually pay that. Fucked up.
I guess I promised a list of games that I'm trying to get my hands on this season but will never have enough money for. I'll make it easy.
GameCube: Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 2: Echos, Mario Tennis, Killer 7, Resident Evil 4, Baten Kaitos, Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within, Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, X-men Legends, Alien Hominid, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
Game Boy Advance: Legend of Zelda: The Minnish Cap, Mawaru Made in Wario, Fire Emblem: Seima no Kouseki, Metal Slug Advance and Tokyo Xtreme Racer Advance. And of course the Lik-Sang Video player.
Nintendo DS...yeah...I just want one of those.
PC Games: Half-Life 2, Guild Wars, D&D Online, Auto Assult, The Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, World of Warcraft, Sid Meier's Pirates!, and STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl.
Wow...that's actually the short list. And yes....completely without links. Do you have ANY idea how long that took me? And how long it would have taken to add links? Yeah...get over it. Anyway...not all of those have release dates this year....but if any of them sound interesting just check them out. I'm pretty sure I spelled them all right so just hit gamespot, gamespy, or IGN and look them up. On that note I would like to inform everyone that was interested in Oblivion to go and check out the finally released preview with screen shots. I read them all already so I'll just link the best for ya. The game is going to be awsome. Even if you don't care you should really check the screenshots.
No interesting news today...other than Moen and I fucking DESTROYING on UT2004...but still losing. Yup...nothing. Did you know that metallic Sharpie's don't come with pocket clips? weird.
Music I'm listening to right now: Supreme Beings of Leisure - ST
Game I last played: Unreal Tournament 2004 (DESTROYED!!!!)
Tommy "Sign the plush's butt dude..." Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment