<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Connections

Hey everyone. It's been a fun weekend. Mike Moen came down for the weekend and I took friday off so it was a long one for me :) Had a little bit of a quarter life breakdown but after the 5 minutes of tears everything was ok :) I then decided that I must have experienced Male PMS. Or something like it. I just got way too emotional about crap that didn't even matter. ANYWAY. Having Mike down here for the weekend has been great. I think I saw more of the guys this weekend that I have in a long time. Made me realize how much I miss hanging out with everyone and for the first weekend in a long time I really didn't think about having to go to work on monday. It was really really great.

Let's see...it was Cait's birthday on Friday....still don't really think that I know how to talk to teenagers anymore. I really think that sucks. Cait and I share a lot in common but I really have no idea how to get her to relate to me like I'm another human being. Oh well. I guess there's really nothing I can do about that. She's a great young lady and I just wanted to wish her Happy Birthday! And good luck on the driving!

Had a couple of moen requests for links and I guess I'm just too lazy to put them into an email. But since I thought some of you guys might be interested I am posting the links here on my weblog:

First off is Firefox and Thunderbird. I'm sure there are a great number of you out there that have heard me talk about the browser that I use. Well I talk about it for a number of reasons. I love it and it's the best browser I have ever used. I has been blocking pop-ups for me for over a year and it's very good at keeping unwanted cookies, worms, and spyware off my computer. And it just went into version 1.0 or at least a preview release of 1.0. If you are into that kind of thing for the love of god download firefox and start using the internet the way you want to: without fear.

Second is a little program called Teamspeak. It basically sets up a VOIP network and allows you to talk to you friends when you play any game online. And that means any game. Any kind of MMORPG, action game...anything. and honestly you could just sit there and not play any games at all and just enjoy talking with your friends for free. It's a little complicated to set up a server but if you have a friend who knows how to do it (like me) and he's running the server, then it's really easy to get started and enjoy playing games with your friends who have moved away. Just click the link above and download the client, install it and you're ready to go :) Now all ya need is someone to talk to: so leave me a comment and I will be happy to let you use my server.

Oh and here's one more just for good measure. I don't like AIM and I'm not a big fan of the idea of having popups and ads coming with my IM program. That's why I moved to
Trillian. It basically houses all manner of IM programs. Yahoo, AIM, ICQ, MSN, and IRC. You can use all of them or one of them. It's really nice. And basically all the features of all the different programs are included such as file transfer and checking your yahoo email for you. It's really quite awsome and I'll probably never use another IM program again. There is a free version and a registered version. I used the free version for about a year and a half and then I registered. Man...version 2.013 is really amazing and sleek. You won't be disappointed if you register. Anyway Check it out!

Basically that's all I got for this weekend. I really just don't have anyth
ing else that's going on. oh! I take that back, Mike got me this totally cool "card" game called Pirates of the Spanish Main. Basically you punch out little models of pirate ships and put then together and sail them around the table top getting treasure and sinking other people's ships. Well thought out and easy to learn...just need to find some more people to play it with.

Ok ok that should be enough for today. I should really get may ass to the shower and start getting ready to pooey work tomorrow. Man...I'm really starting to dislike crazy people.

Music in my car as we speak: Everclear - Sparkle and Fade
Game I last played: Natural Selection v3.0 Beta 5

Tommy "The guy with the screaming headache" Schubert


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?