<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Dune-Buggy Thing 

Hey everyone…what’s going on? This post is getting posted directly to my word document here. Why you ask? Well if you didn’t notice, the site’s been down for a couple of days…and might still be until tomorrow. I don’t really know. But what I do know is that I have Frank to thank for hosting my site…and in that statement I have some unforeseen force of nature to thank for killing frank’s air-conditioning at his place. If you don’t know anything about computers then I’ll just have to tell you that it’s a REALLY good idea to turn off your expensive hardware when the air goes out. It’s just good practice…kinda like when you unplug it during a thunderstorm. So…basically the fates have decided that I’m not going to post until Frank’s AC gets fixed…I’m sure he’s taking donations. And he’s definitely taking donations of “Thanks” for hosting my site. Thanks Frank…I don’t think you know how much you’re appreciated. The blow-Job is in the mail.

I have a question for everyone. Have you ever been so curious about something that you just couldn’t help but look at it/read about it even though you knew it would spoil your experience? Yeah…well…I had one of those moments earlier today. You all know that Half-Life 2 is coming out right? And you all know that HL2 is one of the most anticipated games for all time right? Now…here’s the hard one…did you know that gaming press get copies of the game well before it comes out? Well…I read a review today that was wrought with spoilers. I know the ending. I know who dies. Now…it’s speculated that the review was bogus so I’m keeping that in mind, and keeping my fingers crossed. But all in all…what I was faced with was a link that said: “This leads to a review that has complete spoilers in it. If you want to read it you can. But I wouldn’t because you WILL regret doing it. I did.” Man…let me tell ya…I must have thought about that link for a solid 15 seconds before I clicked on it. And let me tell ya something else…I did regret it. Have you ever done that? I mean…I really regret it…I KNOW that the game is going to be worse because I won’t get the pleasant and wonderful surprise of the ending. Man…I’m a tool.

Ok…next topic besides me being an idiot. There’s this game that’s coming out early next year called STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl. It’s going to be pretty cool and I want all of you that might be interested to check out the link. What’s cool about it? Let me give you a rundown and then on to your bullets because I’m out of time. The game has a HUGE seamless map. Think Morrowind. And the map is directly modeled after the area around Chernobyl because the production company is based a couple of miles away. You basically traverse the ruins of the area(that’s modeled accurately I might add!) and do your thing as a stalker. Stalkers are basically for profit treasure hunters. Think Indiana Jones, with radioactive material, and a fully automatic weapon. There are other stalkers in the area and you can interact with them nice and trade stuff of you can shoot them. Bad guys you don’t have a choice…you should really just shoot them. Inventory management, money accruement, purchasing of equipment, a limited quantity of vehicles (which means you have to keep the maintenance up on the ones you want to keep), and a WHOLE lotta land. It’s gonna be cool. Check out the Vids.

Ok…and now time for the bullets.

And That’s all I got. Well…I GOT a lot of work to do so I have to go. Talk to you all later!!

Music in my car as we speak: International Noise Conspiracy – Survival Sickness
Game I last played: Sadly I didn’t play anything yesterday so it’s still UT2004 from the day before.

Tommy “getting the HELL outta dodge!” Schubert


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?