<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 25, 2004

I'm Not Just The Guy Who Hands Out Pens 

Back to work. Again. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be here much longer. Anyway...good news for everyone: Got into A&M Commerce officially this weekend. I'm on probation admission though...and that doesn't make me very happy. I was initially told that I would be on full admission that the counseling department "didn't have Probationary admission" and that everyone is either in or out. Well...I have yet to talk to my teachers so I would say that I'm definately in...I just don't know how in. Oh...and for the record I have checked and double checked. I'm definately at least on probationary admission. That was a really shallow victory but a win nonetheless! So that's all kinds of good...I'm going to celebrate later today and hit the game store and buy me some Temple of Elemental Evil....again (for $9 at gamestop! Go! Now!)! Yeah...I bought it and then played the pants off it and then got so fed up by the bugs that I just took it back to the store and sold it. But now (what...like two years later?) the game is evidently fully patched and even has a healthy moding community. Check out the two official patches here first and then go over to Circle of Eight and get the community patch and you're all set! Took a long time for the game to be a decent one...but I really enjoyed it when I was playing it and I can't wait to play it without all the crippling bugs! yeah! Accurately portrayed Turn-Based D&D experience! Whoo Hoo!

I'd like to bring it down a little a talk about something near and dear to my heart. My Game Boy Advance SP. All of you out there that have one, have you played it recently? Did you happily flip it open and start up a game? Did you get pleasure from the simple and satisfying "click!" you get with every button press? Did you think what I though? What's to improve on this design? It's a very small, perfectly well lit, long lasting, portable supernintendo with a little more power. What more could you really want? Did I really want a touch screen? Did I really need wireless access? And most importantly: Did I really need 3d? I really don't think I know the answers to all those questions. I really don't know if I want a DS replacing my SP. I guess it will last the same amount of time, be more powerful, have a better screen and all that...but...but...I'll miss my SP! I'll miss being able to fold it up and slip it into even the smallest pocket. Take it anywhere. I don't know...I'm just all torn up inside. I'm gonna go cry now.

Ok...back from a little tear-letting...it was quick...it only took one blank line of space. And at this point I think I've talked too much, so here are your bullets!

Yeah...just a two shot today. Nothing else that interesting coming through the pipes.

Music in my car as we speak: NPR...what? The pledge drive is over! What did you expect!?
Game I last played: Tactics Ogre - The Knight of Lodis

Tommy "wonders when his replacement will come along" Schubert


Comments:
woo! Go Tommy! Congrats on being admitted, dude!

-Frank
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?