<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 18, 2004

It Makes Me Want to Eat My Hair...But in a Good Way 

Hey everyone...technically you DID get a post last night but my borwser locked up right before I finished and I couldn't get back on to post again. Sorry. But what that basically means it that you're going to get a longer post than usual. Well...might be a longer post than usual. I've vowed to devote more time and attention to work...even though it's sucking my soul right out of my body I do need it and I need to continue to pay the bills. so basically from work you're going to get one post. A post for lunch and that's it. And there are going to be significantly fewed updates to the site itself than usual. I'll only work on it during my lunch hour. at thsi point I have about 20 more minutes and I'm really going to try and haul ass and get this thing posted for today.

Yesterday night the first part in the Farscape miniseries aired. It was awsome. Truly. I really missed those characters. I really did. I was kind like hanging out with old friends again when you know you're only going to get a limited time with them. You tend to savor every moment and really just take it all it. The plot picks up right where the series finale left off. Basically if you're a fan or if you've ever seen an episode you should really watch the miniseries. It's in two parts. One last night and one tonight. But don't worry the first part airs again tonight right before the second part. Don't miss it! First part airs again tonight at 6pm central time and the next part airs at the same time as last night, 8pm. Check the link for more information and regional showtimes.

Ok...ALSO this weekend it was the 30th anniversary of D&D. I know that just proves how big of a dork I really an, but in my defense there was a think on msnbc about it as well. (no links, running out of time in my lunch). But even though I didn't play any D&D this weekend I really did want to. Really. So I had no choice but to think about characters. While kelley and I were driving over to dan's place saturday night I came to the realization that there's one kind of character that none of us have really played. Here's the idea: We all make totally random characters. Stick with first rolls for stats and, random sex, race, and class. Then....ready?...we turn them all into Geriatrics and play them for all their worth! It would be a blast. Truly. I really think that all the jokes and fun roll playing that would come out of a band of adverturer's that were all within 10 years of the end of their natural lives would be freaking histerical. Colostomy bags, walkers, incontenence, ancient-viagra...it would be a god damn riot. and with the stat minuses and bonuses it would be even more interesting. Of course they wouldn't start at first level...probably 5th or something...and there would be some other problems I'm sure ...but man...it sure would be funny :)

ok...I'm out of time here are the bullets for today and yesterday:
Music in my car as we speak: Blink182 - Mark, Tom and Travis Show
Game I last played: Unreal Tournament 2004

Ok I'm spent and I went over my time by 5 minutes! I have GOT to eat faster! Anyway...talk to everyone later. And by the way...moen and I are having a blast with Teamspeak...you guys should come play!!

Tommy "drives a mean hellbender" Schubert


Comments:
15 Minutes till the 2nd part of peacekeeper wars. :)

I was mighty sad yesterday... When I first heard about he "miniseries" (do 2 episodes really count as a miniseries?) I heard 4 more hours... well, the number 4 got into my head and so I though it was going to be a 4 part miniseries. No such luck. :P

On the bright side, I have the movie "Serenity" to look forward to. (Another good series cut short... why oh why?
 
blah blah blah Josh. I'll have you know that after I posted my announcement about the Gold announcement and the release date There were still SEVERAL Gaming specific sites that hadn't reported on it. The news broke when I was on my way home from work I'll have you know. As of the moment I got home from work only two sites had broke the news to the best of my knowledge. Megagames, and IGN. NOTHING from Kotaku "THE Gaming blog" as they call themselves, nothing from gamespot(at least I didn't see anything there when I got home), and Half-Life Fallout? yeah...their site was down. So considering I posted about two hours after the newsbreak...I think I should be commended. Thanks!

Tommy "bitch!" Schubert
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?