<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

It's Raining Maggots 

Hey everyone. Couple of things today. Might do that bullet point thing again...can't decide. I think I just might talk. But either way I DID just get back from the "Multi-cultural" meeting at work. They are taking 3 hours out of the work day to "celebrate diversity" listen...I can respect that and all but I really don't hear about crap like that from my other friends. Is this inherent to the mental health field? Health fields in general? All I know is that every chapter in every book in all of my classes in school have a multicultural section at the end detailing how the chapter can relate to peoples of other cultures. We even have a class on multicultural counseling that is required. Listen...I'm not being a bigot. Really. I just think that they are doing a little overkill here. It's like everyone thinks that they need to cram down my throat that there are other people in the world and that they might think differently than me. Now listen...if my GRANDFATHER was taking this class I could understand...but I grew up with black friends, gay friends, gay family, indian friends, latino friends, and asian friends. I'm constantly correcting people who think that calling asians "orientals" is OK. I've been to just about every country in the EU and then some. I just don' t think that it's necessary and it really just makes me feel sour about the whole thing. It's just not presented in a manner that makes me feel like an adult...it just makes me think that my profession thinks I'm an idiot and need to be treated like one. Anyway...diversity celebration DID get me some baklava so I really shouldn't complain that much....really...

So I brought the jacket that kelley's mom got me for last christmas/birthday to work today. Man that thing looks good but I'm really paranoid that I'm going to get something on it or it's going to get stolen or something like that. I love that jacket...maybe a little too much. Even if it does make me accutely aware of the fact that I have a bit of a dandrif problem. PLEASE DON'T STARE!

Yep...no bullet points today....not that I don't like them I just don't really feel like it today. It was good to talk to Erica last night. We're gonna get out and sit down for a little bit on thursday I think.

It is NPR's pledge drive this week so I went blazing through a whole album on my MD player this morning on my way to work. I just don't think that I'm one of those people that likes music in the morning. I really just perfer news. I wonder why that is...probably has something to do with my overwhelming desire to sing when I listen to music and I'm just not awake enough for that in the morning I guess.

Oops...here come the bullet points for the rest of the post!

Ok...I think that's all I got. Cue the music and games!

Music in my car as we speak: Beck - Midnight Vultures
Game I last played: Doom 3 (didn't play anything last night...sorry...just burned Cd's/DVD's)

Tommy "likes to quote his patients' hallucinations in his title lines"
Schubert

Comments:
Livejournal.. did you find a user there to give you a code for an account or are you actually going to register and pay? i already gave my free pass to erica so i cant offer, but they are out there...
erin "my shoes are finally almost dry" friedman
 
at this point I'm just going to sign in so that I can post comments to your journals with my name. That's really the only reason I did it.

T
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?