Saturday, October 16, 2004
String of Pearls...Real Pearls
Hey everyone...just in the nick of time to keep up that once a day thing. This is gonna be a quickie as every weekend post is going to be. It's been a quick weekend and I'm really not very happy about that. Moen and I got out Teamspeak working. It works great and there's really nothing to complain about....well...if we could just find a game to play at this time then we would really be kicking ass. Played some farcry but there was some problem with the program that was causing some kind of memory leak over on moen's end and he was having major FPS problems. Then last night kelley and I were pretty bored so we just drove around north dallas for most of the night. Then came back here and passes out. Played a little Counter-Strike: Source last night before I started talking to moen. Right after work I jumped in there are started playing. Took a couple of rounds to get the hang of it. I'm still not quite sure why everyone is so obsessed with the game but I guess it was pretty fun. It was basically team deathmatch with a little alternative win conditions thrown in for shits and giggles. Nothing really that interesting I guess. But I WILL say that the Source engine is pretty fucking cool. Really.
Today kelley and I did a lot but it made our day go by really fast. Walked around her neighborhood looking for the guy that hit my car. Got nothing out of that. Returned some stuff to the store. Kelley got a library card for the richardson library. Then later in the day we met up with Dan and had a pretty good time just hanging out and talking. All-in-all is was a good day....minus the emotional outburst I had about work this morning before everything got started. Basically it broke down to: I'm going to have to get a new job. Hands down. Need one. I basically can't do this job anymore and if I don't watch it I'm actually going to lose it. But that's really all you need to hear about that.
I don't really have any news for you but I do have a killerapp for you guys. The BIG killer app is this: Bittorrent. It's basically a really useful way to download stuff off websites like 3dgamers and other sites that use Torrent Seeds. It's most useful when downloading something that's pretty big and the web site that is hosting the entire file is full. It's basically a way to connect specific files to a peer-to-peer network. It works really well for those demos that those servers are too full to actually let you download. If you would like a more feature rich version of the same program try this: BitTornado. That's what I use. Enjoy!
Music that's in my car as we speak: same as yesterday...get over it.
Game I last played: Katamari Damacy
Tommy "hates group work" Schubert
Today kelley and I did a lot but it made our day go by really fast. Walked around her neighborhood looking for the guy that hit my car. Got nothing out of that. Returned some stuff to the store. Kelley got a library card for the richardson library. Then later in the day we met up with Dan and had a pretty good time just hanging out and talking. All-in-all is was a good day....minus the emotional outburst I had about work this morning before everything got started. Basically it broke down to: I'm going to have to get a new job. Hands down. Need one. I basically can't do this job anymore and if I don't watch it I'm actually going to lose it. But that's really all you need to hear about that.
I don't really have any news for you but I do have a killerapp for you guys. The BIG killer app is this: Bittorrent. It's basically a really useful way to download stuff off websites like 3dgamers and other sites that use Torrent Seeds. It's most useful when downloading something that's pretty big and the web site that is hosting the entire file is full. It's basically a way to connect specific files to a peer-to-peer network. It works really well for those demos that those servers are too full to actually let you download. If you would like a more feature rich version of the same program try this: BitTornado. That's what I use. Enjoy!
Music that's in my car as we speak: same as yesterday...get over it.
Game I last played: Katamari Damacy
Tommy "hates group work" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment