<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The Time That Takes You Away

ok...this should be pretty quick. I think. This is basically all about this new thing that I have been pining about for that last 24 hours. I've seriously got quite the woody about this one. It's a cute little cartridge that let's you play movies on your GBA SP...but not only that...it plays MP3's ...but not only that...It reads eBooks...bu not only that...it can display pictures and...get this...it can play "homebrew games". Basically what that means is that you can put nes games onto the damn thing and it will emulate them...and it can multitask (ie read while playing music.) it's basically a little Compact Flash reader for your GBA with a ton of built in little things it can do. But get this...it's cheap as hell...$24.90. Only problem is that you have to buy a CF reader and card for your PC. Not too bad really considering that you can get a 1GB CF card on ebay for about 60 bucks and a reader for about 10. But if you already have all that...don't stop now! BUY BUY BUY! Anyway...that's really all I had to say, and actually I was supposted to post it last night I just didn't for ..."other" reasons.

Tid-bits=comes with upgradable software that automatically converts dvd's or movie files to the format usable by the hardware. The firmware of the unit is also upgradable.

Music in my car as we speak: Daft Punk-Discovery
Last game I played: GTA III (it's not THAT good...I'm just trying to beat it so I can get it off my PC)

Tommy "wishes his firmware was upgradable(read that however you like)" Schubert

Comments:
COOL!

Maybe I will get a GBA. hmm. Geoff has one, but currently plays pokemon leaf green on it aproximately 13 hours out of the day. I think the NES emulation feature is the coolest. :)

-Karin
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?