Friday, November 12, 2004
Cultural Diversity
I'm back. Sorry for missing the post yesterday. I'm sure none of you noticed. I just had a really busy day and just couldn't make this a priority. I tried...but some days people are more important. But anyway, just thought I would pop in here and do this real quick. I have a hand full of news and a couple of interesting things happened to me lately. Hummm...let's see...what are the most important things that I need to tell you all? How about this: I think that I am going to be a Reality Therapist. I know that sounds pretty odd to those of you who don't know what it means but I'll give you a quick overview. The theory basically holds that all people make decissions and that these choices determine their mood and their situation. On the surface this theory seems really mundane and obvious and maybe a little flawed. Well...it is a LITTLE flawed but I still like it, and since we're going to be expected to us integrated therapy in our actual practice it's really expected that you would pick a main theory and then build off of that with parts from other theories. I know it's really confusing but it's really exciting to me. It would seem that I have been using reality theory in my own life for a really long time. Then to find out that it's an actual theory and I didn't make it up like I thought I did was a real shocker and at the same time really invigorating. Anyway...boring Psych stuff...now on to personal drama!
I told my mother that I was moving out last night. The discussion that followed that announcement was the main reason why I didn't post yesterday. She's not very happy with me. She's kinda mad that I didn't want to move in with my sister but I kinda understand that. But she just doesn't understand that in the long run this is better for me. Anyway...she's still kinda miffed so I'm sure I 'll have to deal with that when I get home tonight. It's my dad's birthday today! He turns 54...so if you want to call him and wish him a happy birthday that would be cool and I'm sure he would appreciate it. Anyway...enough of this self-absorbed crap now it's time for the news! (Though some of it is old)
Bullets!
No games and no music. It was a sad day yesterday.
Tommy "the self-perpetuating myth" Schubert
I told my mother that I was moving out last night. The discussion that followed that announcement was the main reason why I didn't post yesterday. She's not very happy with me. She's kinda mad that I didn't want to move in with my sister but I kinda understand that. But she just doesn't understand that in the long run this is better for me. Anyway...she's still kinda miffed so I'm sure I 'll have to deal with that when I get home tonight. It's my dad's birthday today! He turns 54...so if you want to call him and wish him a happy birthday that would be cool and I'm sure he would appreciate it. Anyway...enough of this self-absorbed crap now it's time for the news! (Though some of it is old)
Bullets!
- Well...it would seem that Fatal1ty has finally been beaten. If you don't know what I'm talking about then don't worry about it because I know you don't care.
- There's a review for WarioWare Twisted! the new GBA title that's coming to the states here soon enough. It's basically a sequel to WarioWare and it looks just as good as the origional. Check it out.
- This is really something that I really wanted to post yesterday but I just didn't get the chance: It would seem that WinAmp is dead. I know this comes as a shock to some of you but we're just going to have to hang in there and dry those tears.
- Some of the people that are using Gmail are getting POP3 for free at this point in the beta. Let me know if you are getting this.
- It would seem that the Painkiller expansion has been delayed. I know this is going to upset at least one of you. Sorry to bring the news. "Don't shoot the messenger baby!"
- Marvel Comics is suing the makers of City of Heroes. I know this sounds absurd and...well...it is.
- Though their web design is seriously fucked up if you're using any browser that's based on Netscape, I really have taken a liking to Gamespot. And once again they please me with being the first big name online publisher to post a review of Metroid Prime 2. Thanks guys.
No games and no music. It was a sad day yesterday.
Tommy "the self-perpetuating myth" Schubert
Comments:
Tommy, I'm getting pop for gmail. i didnt realize it was only some accounts til mike realized he didn't have it. tell your dad happy birthday yesterday for us. but really tell him. i'd email him myself but i lost his address :( i was gonna say we'd see your parents at thanksgiving but then I remembered we won't. -erin
It's awesome you've found a theory that makes you so excited, dude. Rock on, and good luck with that paper.
-Frank
Post a Comment
-Frank
