<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 22, 2004

Harnessing the Best of Childhood to Obtain Maximum Adulthood 

Hey everyone. I think the title for today really sums up my goal in life. Yup...so don't be suprised if you see that as the new catch phrase of the website sometime soon. All in all it's been a freaking horrible day. I mean...I handle horrible days pretty damn well by nature but this one is just the pits. Ok...just to clarify my underlying situation: my job is naturally stressful and overall "bad" therefore intrinsically my days are bad. Today however is worse. Check this out. So...I was working on my car all weekend right? right. Basically rebuilt the entire left rear brake system and them mostly rebuild the right rear. So...finishing up the two-day job, I finger tight all the nuts on the last wheel and lower it to the ground...well...I never went back and tightened all the nuts. So on my way to kelley's house I notice that "something" is feeling a little weird back there. Get to her house and find that I'm now MISSING a nut and all the others are about to fall off. Basically if I had taken the highway I would have died because my fucking wheel would have fallen off...in the rain. So...lesson? I'm an idiot. So after driving around the rest of the evening I find out that my wheel just isn't going to stay on for any length of time. So I bust out all the shit that I had already put away and then put it in my passanger seat. Tighten my nuts at every stop. Fuck.

Moving on to this morning: I woke up specifically so that I could get to the Nissan store (the nuts for my wheels are very expensive and unique to my car) and buy a new nut. Not a problem. I go out to the car and start to put the nut on. It gets really tight WAY before it should so I try and get it off....it won't come off. Awsome. So I try a little harder knowing full well what's about to happen and sure enough: it does. My stud sheers right off stud tip stuck in nut. Six dollar nut useless 5 minutes after buying it. More work on my car in my near future AND it starts to rain on me...hard. I pack all my shit up jack my car down and head to work. Yup...not even at work yet. Well...it only gets marginally worse. When I get to work I manage to lock my keys in my car with the radio on. Awsome....did I mention that it was still raining?? yeah...and that was just the beginning of my day.

Bullets...
Ok...I gotta get back to work. Nothing new on the gaming or the music side. I'm still playing HL2 and I'm still listening to the same rancid CD.

Tommy "the end of it all" Schubert


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?