Sunday, November 21, 2004
Take Five Everybody!
Hey...I'm taking a break from Half-Life 2 to write this short weekend update. Nothing really in the news department for this weekend...oh WAIT! That's right...the Nintendo DS came out today! HOOOOOWW could I have forgotten abou that??!! Ok...I'm not good at getting people to understand that I'm being sarcastic over the internet....sorry. Yup! The DS came out today and just like the launch titles of the GBA there really aren't any that really shine too much. That's kinda sad really. The best game that the reviewers seem to like at this time is Super Mario 64 DS. This is also the one that I want so it's really not that big of a suprise. Basically...I'm not going to give you any real suggestions for what to buy. The reviews are all over the place for all the games. Some really slanted opinions are floating around and you best bet for picking a game to ask for this christmas is once again to his GameRankings. They remain the best place to get a good over view of what's out there and what all the reviewers think of it. All-in-All I'm really excited and I'm not very happy about waiting the MONTH to get my hands on my own. Ugh.
Most of the weekend was sadly devoted to my car. I had a lot of work to do on the rear brakes. But it's all done now. It took two days BUT I have to say one thing: you guys remember the incessant clacking from my back brakes? yeah...gone. It's really weird considering that they have been clacking for 6 years now. Weird. Anyway...my hands are raw and my muscles hurt. We had a lot of work to do. And then it rained on us yesterday so we had to stop for the day. Joy. I hate it when entire weekends are taken up by working on the car.
Kelley and I got out of the house on friday and hung out at mockingbird station downtown. I'll be god damned if that place isn't totally cool to hang out at! Nothing really to say about that other than we had a really good time and will be going back. Then last night we went out and saw Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason. It was about as good as the origional. If you liked the first, see the second.
Then today I was working on Ed's computer and playing HL2 in between load times. But all in all boring day. Want to see the Sponge Bob movie...yeah...
Tommy "Tech Guy" Schubert
Most of the weekend was sadly devoted to my car. I had a lot of work to do on the rear brakes. But it's all done now. It took two days BUT I have to say one thing: you guys remember the incessant clacking from my back brakes? yeah...gone. It's really weird considering that they have been clacking for 6 years now. Weird. Anyway...my hands are raw and my muscles hurt. We had a lot of work to do. And then it rained on us yesterday so we had to stop for the day. Joy. I hate it when entire weekends are taken up by working on the car.
Kelley and I got out of the house on friday and hung out at mockingbird station downtown. I'll be god damned if that place isn't totally cool to hang out at! Nothing really to say about that other than we had a really good time and will be going back. Then last night we went out and saw Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason. It was about as good as the origional. If you liked the first, see the second.
Then today I was working on Ed's computer and playing HL2 in between load times. But all in all boring day. Want to see the Sponge Bob movie...yeah...
Tommy "Tech Guy" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment