Tuesday, November 09, 2004
Verification of Employment
Hey everyone. How are you all? I'm fine. Finished Blue Shift yesterday. It was pretty cool but suprisingly short. But that's actually a good thing in this situation. It's the first game that I've had the time to go through from beginning to end since I started working here. That's nice. Well...I take that back. I think I finished off Painkiller since I started working here. That was a pleasant experience as well. So basically I've been going around trying to finish off the games that have been causing me trouble lately. Namely Metroid Prime. I'm determined to finish that fucking game before the new one comes out next week. I have basically all of the pick ups, I'm just kinda stuck at the last boss. Not really stuck so much as frustrated beyond my ability to complete the game. I tried twice to beat her last night. Basically I just didn't have the extra patience to try more than that. Those marathon bosses really just piss me off, and the fact that the nearest save point ISN'T on her doorstep really doesn't help my frustration level either. It's not like she's hard...really...I'm just incredeble rusty with the control scheme and I don't think I have enough spare frustration points to spend on beating her at this time. Especially during the week. Maybe this weekend. On top of that I don't have a copy of Metroid:Fusion anymore so I'm not going to be able to get the fusion suit when I beat it. Oh well...I'll still have Mario Sunshine to play. Oh...and just so you know I'm in the party that feels that sunshine is a very good and well done game. It just gets hard and frustrating a little too often for me to go through and beat it all in one shot. Though because of my frustration with Prime I went in and got past a level(in Sunshine) that was causing real trouble. That cleared the way for a couple more shines. That's nice. Maybe that game will hold some more interest for me yet. It does still blow my mind how fun and good looking the games on my Cube are. Ah that felt good...!
Sorry about the topic for today. If you remember I really haven't talked about games in a really long time so I would say that it's ok for today :) I just need to dork out every once in a while and I figure I can do it here just as well as anyplace else.
Incoming!
Music in my car as we speak: Still NPR...I don't listen to music when I'm sick.
Game I last played: Mario Sunshine. With 55 shines, how can I stop now??
Tommy "über-dork extraordinaire!" Schubert
Sorry about the topic for today. If you remember I really haven't talked about games in a really long time so I would say that it's ok for today :) I just need to dork out every once in a while and I figure I can do it here just as well as anyplace else.
Incoming!
- This is some pretty interesting news: It would seem that steam has updated yet again. Except this time the update is pretty cool. It adds a new feature to steam that lets you back up any of your games to a CD or DVD. Pretty cool huh? With no manual in the retail version of Half-Life 2 I have no idea why you wouldn't get HL2 through steam at this point. DVD version for the same price as the regular? Sign me up! Oh wait...I already have.
- It would seem that a lot of people got banned from Xbox Live yesterday. That kinda sucks. But then again, that's microsoft for ya!
- Mario so funny!
- This is a bit of a shocker. Warren Spector is leaving Ion Storm. I know this doesn't mean much to most of you but he played no small part in the making of the Thief series as well as Deus Ex. And now he's gone. All Mourn.
- And the day is finally here. Firefox version 1.0 has been released. The link that I provided is for an article announcing it's release on Gizmodo, but more importantly it has mirrors to the file. The homepage for firefox is getting ripped up. Use the mirrors.
- World of Warcraft Open Beta is really really open right now. You can get the free client from megagames and log onto the servers and do your part in trying to crash their servers. The open beta is considered a stress test for the servers so go crazy!
Music in my car as we speak: Still NPR...I don't listen to music when I'm sick.
Game I last played: Mario Sunshine. With 55 shines, how can I stop now??
Tommy "über-dork extraordinaire!" Schubert
Comments:
now that's a good idea. I was hoping for some advice on bettering this place. I'll do that with every forthcoming post...and here's hoping that it doesn't cause "pop-up blocked" problems with SP2 and firefox :)
and on a note to your other mention...yeah yeah...kiss my ass I'm taking ritalin so I can finally focus long enough to beat these games!
That AND thanks to ritalin I have 64 shines now. up from 55 yesterday I would say that I'm doing much better :)
T
Post a Comment
and on a note to your other mention...yeah yeah...kiss my ass I'm taking ritalin so I can finally focus long enough to beat these games!
That AND thanks to ritalin I have 64 shines now. up from 55 yesterday I would say that I'm doing much better :)
T
