<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 06, 2004

Coming Up For Air 

Hey everyone. Nope...semester isn't over yet. I just got back to work and thought that I would update you all on how things are going. Ya know a little while ago when I said that I would be updating daily. Well...that will remain true with two exceptions, and those exceptions will of course be finals, and reason. Reason? yeah...when I'm really really busy you won't see anything here, but you will probably get a warning. Obviously this weekend was entirely taken up my moving and doing a final exam. The exam wasn't hard but the moving really took a long ass time to finish. I'm really not done but the essentials are in place...you know...the entertainment center, the internet, the bed...ya know...the essentials. On that note I'm going to tell you a funny story about something that happened this weekend. I was working on the cabling for the internet. I didn't think that it would take me very long so I just popped in for a second to set it up. Well...it ended up taking me significantly longer than I had anticipated. So...as my body is want to do on occasion I had to go to the little boy's room...strike that..."men's room Mikey, men's room"...well...I was sitting there doing my business and then I realized that I didn't have any toilet paper...yup...I hadn't moved the toilet paper in yet. I chalked this up to never having actually moved into a situation where there wasn't TP already provided (school, europe, etc). So...what did I do? I called Dan (yes...on the john)...maybe he was on his way over. He was and, believe it or not, had TP in his hand already and was on his way to the car. He ragged me a little bit about forgetting...but all in all it was just a funny experience. Thought I would share.

I had some major cabling difficulties this weekend. I managed to run cables for internet in both rooms but since I decided to get CAT6 cables for the apartment I was having a little trouble making the ends for the cables. Yeah...I'm not the most adept at making cables so after a round of trial and error I finally looking up how to do it on the internet. All the ends took about 3 hours. CAT6 ends are NOT the same as CAT5...but when I'm ready to hit the gigabit internet I'll have all the cable I need...AND I'll know how to end them! Now all I need is a gigabit router...that would be nice...BUT I DID get a 100Base-T router for 29 bucks though. That will make things a lot faster between computers than I'm used to at home. Oh...and for all of you following along at home I'll still have Mr. Stitch and I'll be hooking him up to the network too just for shits and giggles. That would mean that dan and I are going to have at least 2 fully functional gaming PC's connected to the network and dan's PC SHOULD suffice for a number of applications after I get the 1170 instances of spyware off his computer. This is not a joke. He really had that many...that's the highest I've ever seen in my life. I'm going to have to keep that fucker clean...I don't want Twenty Black getting sick because dan is all over the internet without protection. Anyway...besides dan's internet promiscuity I'm doing fine and things are starting to calm down over here. I just have to get some sheets, a desk, a lamp or two, and all my bathroom stuff today and that should cover my bases for the next week or so...or at least until finals are over. Take it easy guys. I miss talking with you all.

Game I last played: Half-Life 2 (I just beat it and I have only one word for you guys...WOW!!)

Tommy "How can you miss the internet? Let me tell ya..." Schubert


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?