<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Dark...So....Dark... 

Hey everyone...sorry I have been so silent. I have a paper due later this evening and I have been working on it since I last talked to you guys. I still have homework to do for this afternoon so I'm about to run off and get to that. But first I wanted to mention that Windows 64 Bit has gone gold. I know it's old news but it's VERY important old news. Say goodbye to 32 bit processors everyone...and join Moen and I on the rockin 64bit band wagon. That 32 bit wagon ain't NEVER rollin again now that we have an OS of our own. Word!

Oh...and I wanted to let everyone know that if you are using firefox and you're still getting popups there's an official extention to optionally disable sites ability to do that. Enjoy the explanation included.

That's all I've got...2 more pages of homework to do before I can leave for class...I mean...before I can START charting and THEN leave for class. oi...

Tommy "David Bowie is my hero" Schubert

Comments:
Sweet. Macs only broke into the 64-bit world about 18 months ago... just so you know... no big deal, really...

(:

Actually, the big deal about AMD's implementation, so I've read, is that its x86-64 instruction set basically mondernized the largely still 25-year-old x86 instruction set, and so that's where the vast bulk of its performance improvement over recent 32-bit x86 processors come from. Going 64-bit in and of itself doesn't bring speed improvements.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?