Monday, April 25, 2005
When Can I Get It for 5 Bucks?
Hey everyone. The poast today is going to be a rather long one. Why? Well I pity the fact that I can't get here enough to actually post. I have 30 minutes before I have to see my next client and I'm feeling the urge to let you all know what's going on with me these days. As many of you know there has been a near constant stream of shit hitting the fan over here as of late. Imagine if you will a cement truck full of shit. Now put an industrial sized wind maker at the bottom of the shit ramp at the back of the cement truck. Now place me in a chair approximately 5 feet in front of the fan. Turn fan on. Let the shit fly. That's been the last several weeks of my life ending about 3-5 days ago. I can't remember because I'm still cleaning the shit out of my nostrils. Anyway...I sure you could care less about my self-depricating metaphors. Here's what really happened. A couple days before Julia's wedding and everyone was scheduled to come in and I was expected to be my happy-go-lucky self I got a letter. Actually I got two. The first was a letter of intent to hire with Garland ISD. So good news. I had a whole 24 hours to revel in that before karma smacked me back down again. The very next day I get a letter from the Teacher Certification program that I would REQUIRE entrance into before I can actually take the job at Garland. The had flat out denied my entrance and actually sent back my transcripts. Not good news. So without getting into the cert program I'm basically staring at not getting the job with Garland, which means not getting out of this job, which means I can't eventually be a school counselor, which means I would have to either quit school or change my focus, which means my house of cards = oops...they fell down. So I'm flippin' out calling all the other programs out there and they are all telling me the same thing. I can't be accepted until I retake Intermediate German first semester (yes...6 years ago...I was 20...) SOOOO I do what I can and skip MORE work trying to find that exact class for the summer. After two days of searching I find it...but guess what? Has to be on a transcript and I have to be accepted through the master's program...which I don't have the GPA for...and back to square one. Meanwhile almost everyone I work with including myself are fired from our jobs. Oops...just about to lose future job AND just lost current job. Well...I consider the former a MUCH bigger problem and start looking into getting unemployment. Then I get a call around 7pm the same day telling me "Nevermind you're all not fired...yet...isn't that great??!" So I spend most of the next day at work angry because I had come to terms with never coming back to this godforsaken place. I also spent it getting turned down from another dozen certification programs....Ugh...time for my weekend. Well...I basically was estatic to get to see Erin and the two Mikes again. I really just can't express how much I miss them all. If felt like they had never left...it was really nice. Then I was mugged at gunpoint outside my apartment. Karma just reminding me that for everything there is a price. Enjoying the company of good friends you haven't seen in a VERY long time = Terrirfied for the safety of your girlfriend (minus) Two wallets. Well...after trying to convince kelley it wasn't her fault (I didn't succeed by the way) and talking to two cops it was finally time for sleep. The next day was the wedding. It was beautiful, I cried, I missed my friends some more. And then as if to say..."Karma: oops...we overcharged...sorry" two seperate, extremely nice ladies called kelley and myself and told us they had found our wallets and absolutely NOTHING was missing. But the Pendulum wasn't done swinging yet...Sunday nothing except for exquisite fun with friends happened. It was awsome...really and truly. I missed them so much I just simply can't express it. Did I say that already? We'll it's worth saying twice (at least!). So it CONTINUES to swing! Monday I called one of the last cert programs on my list and frankly my BEST chance. My very own university: Texas A&M - Commerce. The lady talked with me for a while and then told me to put in an application that day because the head of the program had a couple openings for the following day. I did so and the very next day right before lunch I took off for Commerce at a healthy 75 mph. It still took me and hour and 20 minutes to get there (DAMN it's far...seriously...). Talked with the guy asked him politely to help me save my job...and he did so! When I left 30 minutes later I had a letter of certification program admittance and because my GRE was so good I didn't even have to take any other tests. It was perfect. Everything was back to normal and life was good again....but I don't think I have been more scared for my future ever in my life. I never want to go through that again if I can help it. Sorry to anyone that came down to visit and I was a little preoccupied...I hope you see why now...and I really am sorry...
But back to the possitive. I have a meeting with my new job people tomorrow, my suit is fixed and is getting cleaned as we speak. More news later in the week when MORE good things happen...I hope...
And in other news...The 64 bit version of Windows XP came out today. I'm sure Moen is itching to get his hands on it...but personally since it doesn't seem to add any performance increases to games as of yet I'll be sticking with normal XP pro...that is...until I can get it from my university for 5 bucks a disk! heh.
Ok...I'm out. You guys got all 30 minutes I had to spare. Hope you enjoyed it! I know I did...I hate leaving people in the dark but time just doesn't allow for much writing these days sadly.
Music in Zombie Bane as we speak: Screeching Weasel - Screeching Weasel
Tommy "The Whopper(not the burger, the candy) Fiend" Schubert
But back to the possitive. I have a meeting with my new job people tomorrow, my suit is fixed and is getting cleaned as we speak. More news later in the week when MORE good things happen...I hope...
And in other news...The 64 bit version of Windows XP came out today. I'm sure Moen is itching to get his hands on it...but personally since it doesn't seem to add any performance increases to games as of yet I'll be sticking with normal XP pro...that is...until I can get it from my university for 5 bucks a disk! heh.
Ok...I'm out. You guys got all 30 minutes I had to spare. Hope you enjoyed it! I know I did...I hate leaving people in the dark but time just doesn't allow for much writing these days sadly.
Music in Zombie Bane as we speak: Screeching Weasel - Screeching Weasel
Tommy "The Whopper(not the burger, the candy) Fiend" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment