<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Revolution 

Let's get to the links first. I'm sure those of you that really care about this already know about it but I felt it my obligation to post the best links I could find here.

Revolution Information and Pics

Gameboy Advance Mini Information and Pics

For whatever reason this site seems to be getting the best information the fastest. They focus on Nintendo products and information and seem to really have a good perspective that seems to mesh well with my own. We don't think Nintendo is flawless and have no problem pointing out their faults, but we're really rooting for them. Gizmodo on the other had was being a total dick during their entire "live" blogcast of the Nintendo press conferance. Fuckin' pissed me off! No links from them beacause while they could have been producing real news like Planet Gamecube they decided to just complain and make dickish remarks the whole time...and tada! Planet Gamecube beats them to the news. Fuckers deserved it!

So...discussion time. I would love to bullet this but there's no point. You really need to be reading the wonderful coverage linked above. So...what do I think about all the news? I think the Revolution looks great. I mean really great. Damn sleak and very mature. Evidently will play dvd's and such with a minor addon. Nice...most people like myself won't be using it for a DVD player but the mainstream really expects that these days. Then again I might get the addon anyway if it will transmit a 1080p signal. That would awsome. I never cared much for online support so...yeah...don't really care about all the online hype. Sorry. It's badass that the controllers are going to be wireless only and that the save games are going to be saved onto flash memory that can be upgraded. Nothing wrong with that at all if I do say so! But the "suprise" everyone has been talking about, downloadable library of previous Nintendo games all the way back and all the way forward, really raises my eyebrow. I mean...I don't play games after I've beaten them so I really don't care that much but that really really kicks the system's available titles up several notches. I think the hardware is sound and the ideas are awsome...but...it always comes down to the same old thing with Nintendo. Games...quantity and quality. Sure PS2 looks like crap but they have absurd amounts of games and though a lot of them are horrible pieces of crap there are a lot of good ones. So many good ones that I would venture to say that the available "good" titles on the PS2 are more that the entire library of Gamecube titles. Blasphemy to even speak the words...but this is what Nintendo needs to worry about. It will always be the deciding factor. It's funny that they continue to talk about how they are all about the games and the hardware doesn't really matter...well...how about you start practicing what you preach there tiger?

Now to the GBA Mini. I think it's a cool idea but really...I'm seeing this more as something to get the Japanese audience. Personally I think it's cool that they are updating the system with a better screen. Hell...the screen everyone has always wanted! But all in all I probably won't get one as I really like the clamshell design of my SP. That and I really had my fingers crossed that they were going to release a system with the ability to play music and movies on the go. Oh well...they better hurry the hell up with the play yan coming to america then because I'm getting antsy! Please don't make me buy a PSP nintendo...please...? I was sad to hear about the utter trifle of games going to be released for the DS. PSP had then beat out of the gate and I really want to see the DS win...so Nintendo, for the love of god, release more games!!! Anyway...That's about it. This is coming out a day late but I had finished most of it yesterday I just couldn't get the darn thing to post. Go figure...

More news on life follows quickly...

Thomas "There WILL be a revolution if Nintendo gets more games out for their systems!!" Schubert

Comments:
The only thing that interests me so far is Odama... And Metroid Prime Pinball. I suppose I'm just in the mood for some pinball. But they're not coming out for a long damn time. In fact, not a damn thing is coming out on the DS... wtf?!? The GBA mini is just dumb... I have 4 GBA compatible systems... I need two more, but not one that small. As for the new systems, I don't see anything to get excited about from any of them. Information this early in the cycle of all 3 platforms only results in Fable type expectation/products; no thank you. Oh, and Pariah kinda sux, don't bother.

Mike
 
Damn pariah sucks? I was hoping it was at least moderately fun...I mean...I just finished playing through Project:Snowblind. The play was kinda fun and the graphics were balls but man I just miss midiocre shooters on my pc :) Where did they all go? :) I'll let you know how the pc version of pariah is...
 
Tommy just to let you know I tried to read this while I was home and spending the day with Mom at her school. But it was blocked due to excessive pornography. That's what it said. hahaha. I thought that was funny. Hopefully nobody askes her what she was doing accessing your site from a 3rd grade classroom. hehe. -Erin
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?