<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Unexpected Tidings 

I just received an unexpected present from a couple friends of mine that will remain nameless. They heard I wasn't doing so hot, threw some shit together and sent me a care package. Totally out of the blue, unasked for, and truly heartwarming for the nerd in me.

On that note here are my friend codes for a couple more games (Thanks guys!!)

Star Fox Command
570 711 529 093

Mario VS. Donkey Kong 2
5412 4897 2779

Club House Games
3350 9054 1921

Let me go ahead and first give my extremely brief and superficial reviews of these games.

Star Fox Command: Pretty fucking hard but damn awesome! Really! and it looks like there's decent replay and online play. Go figure :) Oh! This will officially be the first Star Fox game I have ever played.

Mario VS Donkey Kong 2: This game is almost completely different from the original that came out last year. Actually...there's an even easier way to explain this game: it's Lemmings with Mario, BUT I really liked Lemmings so I'm having trouble putting this game down.

Club House Games: Thought this one was gonna suck so I left if for my last play experience. Guys...no joke...I'm getting a blow job from this game...RIGHT NOW, and it just finished making me waffles. Yes...it's that good. Disclaimer: if you don't like simple board games (chess, checkers etc.) then you won't like this game...however if you do occasionally find yourself playing games like that EVER, walk right out and buy this title right now. No joke. Here's the thing: Bowling, checkers, chess, connect five, Shogi, darts, nine-ball, hearts, poker, Texas hold 'em, blackjack, people...you name it and it's probably in this game. There are over 30 something games (with FULL RULES!!) in this single cart, but that's just not enough to make it awesome...most of them (and I mean all but like 5 or something) are playable online. Have you gone out and bought it yet? Do it.

Mario Hoops 3 on 3: This ended up being the loser of the pack where the winner gets my attention. I have almost exactly the same thing to say that most of the reviewers online (and in print) have been saying. The play mechanics are great and the dribbling and passing and shooting and all that with the stylus feels really good....but the game just needs more meat. The teams were consistently easy to beat, the games felt a little too long especially without the intensity. But the graphics simply look awesome. Again...go figure :)

Ok...this little piss-poor reviewer is done for now. More to come as I'm slowing working my way through Dark Messiah of Might and Magic with glee and I'll be playing the new F.E.A.R. expansion immediately afterwards.

Till next time!

Tommy "...mit nur mich mitzusprechen." Schubert

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?