Sunday, February 25, 2007
...the worst that can happen?
Ok...so I've been packing and moving my shit all day today. That's right folks: I'm headed back to my parents house. I've been out of there for years at this point and I'm actually none too happy to be going back.
I spent a little time with them tonight and wow...I know this is gonna come as a shock...but I don't miss the near constant yelling and depressing statements. Nope...not one bit! I think that's going to eventually drive me crazy actually. Between my mom assuming she knows EVERYTHING and forcing that assumption on everyone around her and my dad constantly putting himself down under his breath...I seriously doubt that I'll last the year that I have planned to stay there. Year?! Yeah...I'm not very happy about that either but the way I see things is that if I keep it together (and spend a lot of time in my room with my door locked) I should be able to save somewhere around 10k...yeah...I'm sure my math is all wrong and I'm not really compensating for what school will continue to cost me out of pocket BUT that's a lot of money. It's really hard to scoff at 10 grand, or even close to it. That will be more than enough to get my started on a condo, or buying a loft apartment, or a town home, or a house. It won't get me ALL the way there but it's a fucking start. Where? Who knows...here? Chicago? Boston? DC? Austin? San Antonio? Albuquerque? Depends on the people and the jobs....but really more on the people...but then AGAIN...Austin rocked my nuts off this weekend so that's getting a serious bump on the score chart...
But back to the living hell I'm about to endure. I got out of that house for a reason. I can't stand living with my parents. I love them dearly and would of course do anything for them...but I'm just done living with them. To do this, to go back is...well...it's any number of things: Degrading, embarrassing, demeaning, pathetic, beneath me, sad, lonely, depressing, smart, worth the money I'll save...well...you get the idea. Anyway...it's gonna suck and I really don't want to be doing this. But it's the smart thing to do and that's the end of it.
On a slightly lighter note, for those of you that don't already know, my parents completely tore down the wall between those two back bedrooms of the house for me. It's a pretty big place. I would guess it's around the same size as the front room of my apartment. They have completely remodeled it (with a little help from me but it was mostly them). New closet, new paint, new light sockets, new ceiling spackle, new fans, new carpet, new drapes, it's a whole new room. It's actually really nice. Probably nicest room in the house at this point. But still I find room to complain right? oi. Anyway...just wanted to share a little. The movers come for my furniture Monday night...I have to be out of here by Wednesday.
Tommy "but I won't call it home" Schubert
I spent a little time with them tonight and wow...I know this is gonna come as a shock...but I don't miss the near constant yelling and depressing statements. Nope...not one bit! I think that's going to eventually drive me crazy actually. Between my mom assuming she knows EVERYTHING and forcing that assumption on everyone around her and my dad constantly putting himself down under his breath...I seriously doubt that I'll last the year that I have planned to stay there. Year?! Yeah...I'm not very happy about that either but the way I see things is that if I keep it together (and spend a lot of time in my room with my door locked) I should be able to save somewhere around 10k...yeah...I'm sure my math is all wrong and I'm not really compensating for what school will continue to cost me out of pocket BUT that's a lot of money. It's really hard to scoff at 10 grand, or even close to it. That will be more than enough to get my started on a condo, or buying a loft apartment, or a town home, or a house. It won't get me ALL the way there but it's a fucking start. Where? Who knows...here? Chicago? Boston? DC? Austin? San Antonio? Albuquerque? Depends on the people and the jobs....but really more on the people...but then AGAIN...Austin rocked my nuts off this weekend so that's getting a serious bump on the score chart...
But back to the living hell I'm about to endure. I got out of that house for a reason. I can't stand living with my parents. I love them dearly and would of course do anything for them...but I'm just done living with them. To do this, to go back is...well...it's any number of things: Degrading, embarrassing, demeaning, pathetic, beneath me, sad, lonely, depressing, smart, worth the money I'll save...well...you get the idea. Anyway...it's gonna suck and I really don't want to be doing this. But it's the smart thing to do and that's the end of it.
On a slightly lighter note, for those of you that don't already know, my parents completely tore down the wall between those two back bedrooms of the house for me. It's a pretty big place. I would guess it's around the same size as the front room of my apartment. They have completely remodeled it (with a little help from me but it was mostly them). New closet, new paint, new light sockets, new ceiling spackle, new fans, new carpet, new drapes, it's a whole new room. It's actually really nice. Probably nicest room in the house at this point. But still I find room to complain right? oi. Anyway...just wanted to share a little. The movers come for my furniture Monday night...I have to be out of here by Wednesday.
Tommy "but I won't call it home" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment