Sunday, March 18, 2007
Signs, Signs Everywhere...blah blah there's a song here somewhere
Ok. So I'm about to head back to my "normal" life. Just can't wait. But the last week or so has been really awesome! :) Let's work backwards for a change shall we?
This weekend I basically spent making dents in the unpacking I had to do since I have now officially lost all pride and moved back in with my parents. I stress that I only made a small dent, but I digress. The last two night I was playing "guy who makes sure no one dies on the way home" or as I like to call it "Triple D" which stands for Designated Designated Driver. It was Amanda Miller's birthday today and St. Patrick's Day yesterday so we went a little crazy. Last night we actually packed up and hung out in Ft. Worth most of the night. But the funny thing about us going there was that we actually spent the time there in places that are also in Dallas. A Razzoo's and a Pete's Piano Bar. I'm not sure, but I think that falls into the category of ironic...but I'm not sure. Friday night we all went to check out the late night at the DMA. That was pretty awesome, but unfortunately we didn't stay long. We moved on to the gingerbread man which was pretty cool...but THEN we moved on to The Grapevine...I'm just not a big fan of that place. I think I don't like it very much because it's just insanely crowded most nights. Especially Friday before St. Patrick's Day....that and we go there a LOT and I'm just getting tired of the place. Though I will say they have absolutely fantastic music selection and some decent techno always gets thrown into the mix.
Thursday I had school and was there all night. As usual. But I did find out that the state has switched to the national exam for LPC's so that's totally awesome. What that means is that when I graduate I get to take a national exam that basically means as soon as I'm done I can move to anywhere I really want to in order to practice counseling. I'm excited for a number of reasons but the most important one is that they just don't pay their counselor's very much here and if I were to relocate to a different state or something like that I would be in better shape. But considering I'm thinking about just getting my doctorate...well...we'll see.
Wednesday was the day I went to work with Mike. Let me tell ya: It's fuckin' weird to watch your friends teach. Seriously. I learned a little (as a teacher you learn SOMETHING from every time you observe someone...or at least you should) and I had a shit load of pie. It was Pi day (3-14) so all the kids brought pie. At one point in time there was seriously 25 pies on the table. Sadly no pizza.
Tuesday I went to work with Erin. That was just as fun but I was absolutely as giddy as a school girl to be around REAL science. You see I'm a part of the social sciences. We don't get to fuck with DNA and RNA and pipettes and shit. Well...we get to mess with shit (remembering not so fondly my days on staff at the mental health unit of the hospital) but not as a rule. So I'm sure you were all wondering: I got to do some science!! :) I was more than a little excited as I'm sure my pictures can attest. SCIENCE! Oh yeah...and then Erin baked my science project and we had to thrown it away...that made me sad and I'm not quite sure if I can ever forgive her for baking the only science I've ever produced. Sad! But that evening we went out with their friends. Boys, your attention please! I was actually sitting at a table with 14 women and no other men at one point. Two thirds of the women were above average attractiveness and (this is a guess) about half of them were single. Seriously. Go visit NC and see Erin and Mike. They got the hook up. Not that I did anything about that, but yeah.
Monday I sat around the house. I got to know the cats a bit more, took a long walk around the town, finally got some sleep and then I got a little antsy and almost did the dishes without asking. After they got home we ran like 2 and a half miles. Yeah...that's right. I run on my vacations. That means I'm hardcore. On the realz. This is where the memory starts to run together and get fuzzy. I think we stayed in Monday and played games. Still hella fun :)
Sunday we woke up "late" and saw 300 in the afternoon. Decent. Not one to purchase but decent. I'm not sure but I think this was the night we went to play darts at that bar. I suck at darts.
Saturday we ran three miles around a lake. That was kinda fun. My knees hated me but ya know...still fun :)
Friday I arrived.
Notice how the descriptions just keep getting shorter? Yeah...that's from all the food we had. We literally ate almost all the time. It was awesome! :) And all (mostly) home made. Good good stuff. The food was definitely the second best part of the weekend. First best? Being in the company of good friends. (awwwwww!)
Tommy "for really realz?" Schubert
This weekend I basically spent making dents in the unpacking I had to do since I have now officially lost all pride and moved back in with my parents. I stress that I only made a small dent, but I digress. The last two night I was playing "guy who makes sure no one dies on the way home" or as I like to call it "Triple D" which stands for Designated Designated Driver. It was Amanda Miller's birthday today and St. Patrick's Day yesterday so we went a little crazy. Last night we actually packed up and hung out in Ft. Worth most of the night. But the funny thing about us going there was that we actually spent the time there in places that are also in Dallas. A Razzoo's and a Pete's Piano Bar. I'm not sure, but I think that falls into the category of ironic...but I'm not sure. Friday night we all went to check out the late night at the DMA. That was pretty awesome, but unfortunately we didn't stay long. We moved on to the gingerbread man which was pretty cool...but THEN we moved on to The Grapevine...I'm just not a big fan of that place. I think I don't like it very much because it's just insanely crowded most nights. Especially Friday before St. Patrick's Day....that and we go there a LOT and I'm just getting tired of the place. Though I will say they have absolutely fantastic music selection and some decent techno always gets thrown into the mix.
Thursday I had school and was there all night. As usual. But I did find out that the state has switched to the national exam for LPC's so that's totally awesome. What that means is that when I graduate I get to take a national exam that basically means as soon as I'm done I can move to anywhere I really want to in order to practice counseling. I'm excited for a number of reasons but the most important one is that they just don't pay their counselor's very much here and if I were to relocate to a different state or something like that I would be in better shape. But considering I'm thinking about just getting my doctorate...well...we'll see.
Wednesday was the day I went to work with Mike. Let me tell ya: It's fuckin' weird to watch your friends teach. Seriously. I learned a little (as a teacher you learn SOMETHING from every time you observe someone...or at least you should) and I had a shit load of pie. It was Pi day (3-14) so all the kids brought pie. At one point in time there was seriously 25 pies on the table. Sadly no pizza.
Tuesday I went to work with Erin. That was just as fun but I was absolutely as giddy as a school girl to be around REAL science. You see I'm a part of the social sciences. We don't get to fuck with DNA and RNA and pipettes and shit. Well...we get to mess with shit (remembering not so fondly my days on staff at the mental health unit of the hospital) but not as a rule. So I'm sure you were all wondering: I got to do some science!! :) I was more than a little excited as I'm sure my pictures can attest. SCIENCE! Oh yeah...and then Erin baked my science project and we had to thrown it away...that made me sad and I'm not quite sure if I can ever forgive her for baking the only science I've ever produced. Sad! But that evening we went out with their friends. Boys, your attention please! I was actually sitting at a table with 14 women and no other men at one point. Two thirds of the women were above average attractiveness and (this is a guess) about half of them were single. Seriously. Go visit NC and see Erin and Mike. They got the hook up. Not that I did anything about that, but yeah.
Monday I sat around the house. I got to know the cats a bit more, took a long walk around the town, finally got some sleep and then I got a little antsy and almost did the dishes without asking. After they got home we ran like 2 and a half miles. Yeah...that's right. I run on my vacations. That means I'm hardcore. On the realz. This is where the memory starts to run together and get fuzzy. I think we stayed in Monday and played games. Still hella fun :)
Sunday we woke up "late" and saw 300 in the afternoon. Decent. Not one to purchase but decent. I'm not sure but I think this was the night we went to play darts at that bar. I suck at darts.
Saturday we ran three miles around a lake. That was kinda fun. My knees hated me but ya know...still fun :)
Friday I arrived.
Notice how the descriptions just keep getting shorter? Yeah...that's from all the food we had. We literally ate almost all the time. It was awesome! :) And all (mostly) home made. Good good stuff. The food was definitely the second best part of the weekend. First best? Being in the company of good friends. (awwwwww!)
Tommy "for really realz?" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment