Tuesday, April 24, 2007
San Antonio
So recently there have been a lot of people telling me that they are headed down to San Antonio to live. I don't find that odd at all as the city is really great and it will always have a soft spot in my heart. Who? Oh...sorry...forgot to mention that. Deborah has been offered a job there to work for a company so her and Ed have a high possibility of moving down there later this summer. Brian and Alisha are also headed down there as well. She just got a job there too. That actually single-handedly makes that the town with the highest population of my friends. With the Peterson Twins already down there that puts the tally at 6. That's not including the other people that are going to be in Austin either. But in all honestly if I'm going to consider getting my Doctorate anytime soon it's probably not a bad idea to get in on the ground floor with a house in a place like Austin. The music scene is simply unmatched and with the university there and usurping most of downtown it's really a great place for my other more generalized interests. Thought I'm not a big fan of that city, with so many people withing an hour's drive it makes it that much more appealing. Anyway...that decision is more that a year away at this point.
The way things are going it looks like I'm on schedule to graduate with my masters next summer. Which is about one summer session later than I thought it would happen, but I'm taking extra courses in order to be fully prepared for my LPC test and get my LPCi as soon as possible. After I get that it's just a matter of time (literally) before I'm a fully fledged counselor. But with my LPCi (the probationary license for counselors) I can get just about any job I need or want to get and I basically just wait it out until my LPCi literally matures over the course of 2-3 years into a full license. Prior to that maturation I can do just about anything. My goals as they stand right now is to get a day job as a professor at a university somewhere and then work in a private practice firm during the evening to accrue hours. Anyway...yeah. That's what I'm thinking about right now.
I'm a little upset that I haven't updated this blog in a couple weeks. I wish I had a job that was a little more conducive to sitting around and writing in my blog (I'm looking at you Erin), but alas that's simply not something that's going to happen. Ok...I think I'm done for tonight. I have grades to input and I'd RATHER not be up all night long...thought that's usually inevitable. Anyway...I'm off!
Oh! Before I go Pokemon Diamond/Pearl came out this weekend. Let me know if any of you guys get it. I'll probably get it for myself this Friday when I get paid :) I'll be getting Pearl FYI and I'll be posting my friend code on the blog somewhere of course. Laters!
Tommy "gotta dance!" Schubert
The way things are going it looks like I'm on schedule to graduate with my masters next summer. Which is about one summer session later than I thought it would happen, but I'm taking extra courses in order to be fully prepared for my LPC test and get my LPCi as soon as possible. After I get that it's just a matter of time (literally) before I'm a fully fledged counselor. But with my LPCi (the probationary license for counselors) I can get just about any job I need or want to get and I basically just wait it out until my LPCi literally matures over the course of 2-3 years into a full license. Prior to that maturation I can do just about anything. My goals as they stand right now is to get a day job as a professor at a university somewhere and then work in a private practice firm during the evening to accrue hours. Anyway...yeah. That's what I'm thinking about right now.
I'm a little upset that I haven't updated this blog in a couple weeks. I wish I had a job that was a little more conducive to sitting around and writing in my blog (I'm looking at you Erin), but alas that's simply not something that's going to happen. Ok...I think I'm done for tonight. I have grades to input and I'd RATHER not be up all night long...thought that's usually inevitable. Anyway...I'm off!
Oh! Before I go Pokemon Diamond/Pearl came out this weekend. Let me know if any of you guys get it. I'll probably get it for myself this Friday when I get paid :) I'll be getting Pearl FYI and I'll be posting my friend code on the blog somewhere of course. Laters!
Tommy "gotta dance!" Schubert
Comments:
I think I'll get pokemon as an end of semester present to myself next week. I'm hoping to get a DS lite for my B-day, so Geoff can have the DS.
I swear I am going to post int he Anime blog very soon!
Post a Comment
I swear I am going to post int he Anime blog very soon!
