<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Best Day 

Wow...I seriously just had the best day I've had in a VERY VERY long time. Maybe even more than a year! :)

I really can't go into detail in the public forum (you never know who's listening!) but if you're interested and you know how to get a hold of me DO IT! TODAY WAS AWESOME!

Luckily the most awesome part I CAN tell you and I can be totally cryptic about the rest so buck up :)
My professor gave us our final evaluations tonight. Totally final for the semester. Guess what...well...here's the approximate quote of the conversation:

"Tommy, you and one other person in the class are simply heads above the rest. You are really doing well at this. You DO plan to go LPC don't you?"

"Yes."

"Good Good. I think you're really excel at it-"

" I actually plan on getting my Doctorate shortly after getting certified."

"Cool. I think you should do it...you're DEFINITELY smart enough."

Guys...I was standing beside myself with joy. Not only was I complimented by someone I really look up to on my skills as a counselor but wow...listen: I basically NEVER get complimented on my intelligence without fishing for it with self deprecation. Seriously NEVER. That really blew me away. I'm truly overjoyed to get two awesome and sincere compliments in the span of the same 5 minutes. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!

During lunch today I got a VERY welcome phone call, opening up potential for next week being awesome too!

After class tonight I had a short but fucking rad (yes the F-Bomb was on purpose) conversation that is basically sure to make my mother's day weekend pretty unbeatable.

Does it stop there Tommy? NO! After sitting down at this computer I got a VERY pleasant pop-up reassuring me that someone I really miss HASN'T decided to ignore me!

One last thing! After getting home I discovered a pretty badical (spell checker doesn't know WHAT to do with THAT word! :) ) framed montage of my play that I directed earlier this year. It might have played a big hand in ruining the last 7 months of my life BUT...I still am very proud of it so it will be a pleasure to put up in my office :)

Anyway...grades are due tomorrow morning so before I can hit the sack I have to get my shit together and grade some shit! But! NOT before it strikes 12...I really don't want anything to spoil my day :)

I hope your day was close to as good as mine. I miss every one of you and can't wait till the next time I hear from ya! :)

Tommy "it's just a tiny paragraph kinda post" Schubert

Comments:
It must be something going around. I had a pretty fucking awesome week myself.

Yay for us!

(if you wanna fill me in via email, feel free! :))
 
Yeah, dude! You got the compliment because you rock! Duh! (;
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?