Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Zeitgeist

Ok...so today Smashing Pumpkins came out with their first album in 7 years. But I'm here to say that this is actually their first GOOD album since Meloncollie. Seriously. Now hear me out: this isn't the best album ever or anything like that. It's darn decent and after having listened to it all the way though it gets my thumbs up and is somewhere between Pisces Iscariot and Siamese Dream as far as quality is concerned. It's probably their third or forth best album, it's NOWHERE near as shitty as Adore, or Machina. So...if you're missing your Smashing Pumpkins from yesteryear....this album is absolutely worth your 9 bucks. BTW four different versions. Normal, Best Buy, Target, and iTunes. The three odd balls each have a unique bonus track. I snagged the Target one because I'm immensely loyal to Target. Sue me. Do what you gotta do. No you can't steal it from me.
Also picked up the new Interpol album haven't listened to it yet. Well...I've listened to the first track but that's no indication. Both came out today.
Tommy "Loyalty...one of my top five faults" Schubert
Comments:
What are your thoughts on Interpol? I've been thinking about picking it up... Let me know if you like it.
Post a Comment
