<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 17, 2007

Some Days 

So here I am taking a break from my other "job" and I walked past the daytime LIGHT counselor's office and saw this. You know what immediately came to mind? A smashing pumpkin's song. Tristessa. I looked up the lyrics just to refresh my memory and now the song is just that much more poignant. And that actually got me thinking about what's been going on with me lately. I don't have a new girlfirend by any stretch of the imagination but I have been seeing this same girl for a couple weeks now. It's been extra awkward. Fun, interesting but definitely awkward. The night of one of our better dates I had a horrible/awesome dream. Most of the dreams I have are like that these days so it wasn't a shocker really. It was basically a dream designed to make me feel horribly guilty. It almost worked. To keep a long description shorter: it was a dream where Kelley caught wind that I had started dating, got jealous(which is an emotion that's impossible for her to feel in the first place) and begged to get me back. Obviously this if pure fantasy as Kelley is essentially incapable of this but that wasn't the point. The point was that I was torn. With Kelley times were hot, or cold and we didn't share a lot of fun-time interests in common...and she was nuts, but just dating Jessica, even if it never works out, has shown me that there are chicks out there that enjoy exactly the same things I do and like me to boot and are about as far from crazy as Kelley was close to it! It's been an interesting experience and I'm curious to see where it leads. So here's to tristeza...and tristessa.

Tommy "it's more fun when you look up your own words in the Spanish dictionary" Schubert


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?