So I keep hearing all this shit about how this new designer drug called, of all things, cheese, has been blasting through the north Texas area. I just don't mean blasting through the adults, though they aren't immune, I mean that children are dying from overdoses on this thing. It's our old friend black tar heroine combined with heavy duty cold tablets. Timberlawn, a MH and rehab center, has been seeing preteens in their facility addicted to the stuff. Elementary school students are dying from it. Since I'm in the position to have to deal with some of these addicts it's very frustrating. Very very frustrating. For those of you that have a bit of a psychology background we're talking about kids that have only recently left the preoperational stage of development and moved onto the concrete operational stage and in some cases haven't even left the pre-op stage! They don't know a god damn thing about consequences of actions and are basically so focused on themselves that it's actually listed as a quality of someone their age. And it's frustrating when you are trying to explain the consequences of the drug when they don't care. Frustrating when they can't muster enough empathy to see what their drug use is doing to their family. Fuck fuck fuck. You know what? It's actually so frustrating that it makes people like me think things we really shouldn't. Darwin, Swift, somewhere, somehow they are relevent here. I see now that Swift's modest proposal was not just written to be humorous but it was written out of frustration too. Tired of listening to the plight of a people that wouldn't help themselves and a whole segment of the population that just wouldn't stop bitching about those people just trying to survive. It must have been hard listening to all that all the time. No one standing up. No one taking blame. No one doing anything but pointing fingers. I feel like Mr Swift today and I'm going to use Darwin's theory to say my peace.
Let them die in their beds. Hell promote the drug! Pass it out in schools! Give them all the information they want about the drug TELL them it's going to kill them. They'll still take it and for some kids it's not even going to slow them down. But here is how this is going to help: eventually, the death toll is going to level off. The kids that are fucking stupid enough to take the drug are eventually going to overdose and die and the majority of the kids that are going to be left are simply going to be superior. More suited for survival. This will probably even reduce the teen pregnancy rate! Wouldn't that be awesome?! Here's for pushing deadly drugs on students in order to cull the morons from the gene pool!!! :P
Anyway...I don't really believe this...but it crosses my mind sometimes. And everytime it does it hurts a little. And I just hate the that this is happening and there is nothing to do but throw up my hands and scream "Fuck!!"
Tommy "Mmm eating babies" Schubert