Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Facing Your Fears
Many of you know that I love zombie movies, but how many of you know that I watch them with the expressed intention of becoming less scared by their very idea? Or at least that's how it started. Zombie movies don't scare me anymore but zombies still do. This was a fault in my logic when approaching the problem. I wasn't (as it turns out) afraid of zombies...I was afraid of becoming one. Crap. How am I supposed to face that fear??! (besides working cremation into my will...which I've already done) Well...the answer to that question hit me full force about a week ago when Jessica asked me to come along with her and her roommate to New Orleans...for Halloween. That's right I'll be going to the only American city with genuine zombie legends and potentially real Juju zombie powder. I'm so boned. Just to make sure I face this fear head on as well just like the rest of them we'll be meeting a real voodoo priestess. Boned. I was looking for more things for us to do while we were there just now and I caught myself making the below face when I saw a picture of a bunch of very well made up zombies strolling down bourbon steert. When it literally made my heart jump I caught a glimpse of myself in a nearby mirror and took a pic. Man I think drunk buddies are going to be the least of my worries for that trip.
On a totally un-related note. Remind me to talk about my romanticism on tomorrows post. That's rhetorical, don't really remind me, I'm just putting this here to remind myself.
Tommy "fuck I seriously don't want to be a zombie" Schubert
