Monday, December 10, 2007
Elizabethtown
Wow. I just had a really weird last 30 minutes.
Ok...so I'm sitting here watching Elizabethtown for the first time (swear!!) when I should really be writing a test that I'm giving tomorrow. I've seriously been enjoying it and cried at least 3 times...ya know...the good cry. I don't do sad crying except in insanely painful circumstances...but I'll happy cry at the drop of a hat. So anyway...I really really enjoyed it and have to say that it's pretty damn awesome. Now my official apology: I'm sorry Elizabethtown for doubting you and telling you that I would never actually watch you. I was wrong. Please forgive me.
Now on to why my last 30 minutes was so weird. So we all know that I started collecting quotes about a year ago right? Right. Well I bumped into a good one watching this movie ("Sadness is easier because it's surrender") and was a little too busy writing this test to reverse and make sure I got the wording right. So I hit the internets. Usually that works as usually there are people out there that are adding these quotes to fan sites and whatnot, well...not this one. There was only one hit when I typed in my search criteria. It was a blog. She had collect that very same quote and several others. Because it was an interesting post she had there and seemed to be a very subdued site, much like mine, I thought I would check out the front page. She doesn't post very often either but I moved down a little and saw a post on knights. All of you from my Sir Thomas days can surely understand why this peaked my interest. I replied to the post on knights and headed back here just to see what I had last written. My last post from about 10 days ago was about a lot of things...roadtrips, loving, music, risk...etc etc. Those of you who have already seen Elizabethtown might already know where I going with this as that was basically what the movie was all about. I was pretty excited and decided that I needed to come back here and make sure I mentioned it. Life's funny huh? :)
Tommy "awesome weekend visiting friends in San Antonio...film at 11!" Schubert
Ok...so I'm sitting here watching Elizabethtown for the first time (swear!!) when I should really be writing a test that I'm giving tomorrow. I've seriously been enjoying it and cried at least 3 times...ya know...the good cry. I don't do sad crying except in insanely painful circumstances...but I'll happy cry at the drop of a hat. So anyway...I really really enjoyed it and have to say that it's pretty damn awesome. Now my official apology: I'm sorry Elizabethtown for doubting you and telling you that I would never actually watch you. I was wrong. Please forgive me.
Now on to why my last 30 minutes was so weird. So we all know that I started collecting quotes about a year ago right? Right. Well I bumped into a good one watching this movie ("Sadness is easier because it's surrender") and was a little too busy writing this test to reverse and make sure I got the wording right. So I hit the internets. Usually that works as usually there are people out there that are adding these quotes to fan sites and whatnot, well...not this one. There was only one hit when I typed in my search criteria. It was a blog. She had collect that very same quote and several others. Because it was an interesting post she had there and seemed to be a very subdued site, much like mine, I thought I would check out the front page. She doesn't post very often either but I moved down a little and saw a post on knights. All of you from my Sir Thomas days can surely understand why this peaked my interest. I replied to the post on knights and headed back here just to see what I had last written. My last post from about 10 days ago was about a lot of things...roadtrips, loving, music, risk...etc etc. Those of you who have already seen Elizabethtown might already know where I going with this as that was basically what the movie was all about. I was pretty excited and decided that I needed to come back here and make sure I mentioned it. Life's funny huh? :)
Tommy "awesome weekend visiting friends in San Antonio...film at 11!" Schubert
Comments:
Well, yes life is funny, and I think it's always nice to "bump" into someone who gets piqued by the same...hmm...you name it ;)
Thanks for your post...
Post a Comment
Thanks for your post...
