Monday, December 24, 2007
The Ghost of Rig Future

Well I just finalized my new rig. It's going to be fast as hell. Thought I would post here just to make myself feel like this is the final build that I'm going to be making of this list. I'll continue to update prices but I don't see this changing. I might decide to Raid 0 a second Raptor but we'll see. Regardless this is it! Say "Hi" everyone :)
On that note I'll have several parts to a badass computer up for grabs here shortly. It won't be free but it will be cheap and you guys should all know that I keep just about everything I own in near-perfect shape. I'll throw that list out here shortly as well.
COMPUTER (12/24/07)
Current Total: $1081
Processor
Intel - Kentsfield - 2.4Ghz
Core 2 Quad Q6600 - $255 -
Motherboard
EVGA 680i SLI 775 A1 - $167 (680i)
Memory
G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 CAS5 F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ Kit $114
Storage
Western Digital - Raptor 150 (raid 0?)
WD1500ADFD - $167 (x2?)
Case
Keeping old case
Power Supply
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 QUAD $159
Videocard
XFX Geforce 8800 GT(512mb) - $219
She's a beauty. And about 400$ cheaper than I was expecting. That alone makes me excited :)
Anyway...time to shower and try to sleep. We have chillin' over here and I'll have to go to be REALLY early tomorrow so they don't freak because "Santa won't come if Tommy stays up that late!!!!" Irony? The kid could stand to get a little coal this year.
Tommy "Kid again for the next 48 hours" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment