Monday, December 31, 2007
"There are leading ladies, and there are Best Friends"

So it's the end of the year. I've had an interesting and rather rough one, but all in all I'm ready for my next one. I think there's something in it for me. But we'll see.
Some parting thoughts:
Eli Wallach. Better known as "The Ugly" has been in film for a really long time. The things that he's been in ranges all over the scale. But more importantly I recently saw one of his most recent films and he was great...but the thing is I just finished teaching one of his oldest films, "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly". I literally watched the movie at least three times in the span of a week and then turned around in a week and watched "The Holiday" (Absolutely excellent romantic comedy by the way). I know that doesn't sound that weird but to me Mister Wallach aged almost 40 years in the span of a week. From vibrant and funny to old, slow and funny. I mean REALLY old. It was weird. It had me thinking about how fast time moves. Makes me worry about turning 30. Makes me worry about being alone. Makes me worry. But I'm really not THAT worried. Just thinking about it. I mean. I just found out that my dad had me (keep in mind this was before my parents were married) at about 28....so I really don't feel that behind. That makes me feel a little better. Anyway...on this note: Here's to a year that begins a little better than the one previously ended :)
Here's another thought, Women have an ability that men simply don't have. Well...let's back that up a little. MOST men don't have it. And by most men I mean like less that 3 percent is my guess...Sorry for the long lead up...Women are sexy. And they know it. A Woman can primp herself with make-up, nice clothes, new haircut, the works and when she leaves the house she's thinking to herself: "Fuck! I'm sexy!" and it makes her whole day. The whole day she's thinking about being sexy, she's thinking how hot she looks, she's thinking about how everyone else is looking at her and thinking how sexy she is...and it's usually true...but men don't get that. We're stuck with AT BEST "damn...I look pretty good...I think..." and that's it. Just for that ability to lift my day by busting out the good stuff from my closet I could handle being a Woman. Yeah...periods would suck, but as a man I'm just never going to get that feeling...an entire lifetime without feeling sexy. Kinda sad.
Have a Happy New Year everyone. Be Sexy.
Tommy "Tonight...I look pretty good...I think...let's see what happens" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment