Sunday, January 06, 2008
The Disease

So several of you know that I caught a disease from Kel before she left. It's shifted my lifestyle a little and forced me to change several things in my life. Yes that's right...I give a shit about style. Actually I give more than a shit about it. It's one of my favorite things to think about and talk about these days. I watch the shows that I can for fun and well...things are just sticking in my head. It's fun and interesting and I definitely know a lot about fashion at this point but being a guy and straight I have a lot of people looking at me sideways when I get going on a tangent about bra sizing or what kind of jeans to wear depending on what shape you are. It's interesting and surprisingly simple. But anyway...that's not really the point. The point is more that I've gotten into a large number of shows out there and have just added a new one. I've only watched one episode and already it's on probation. It's called..."Make Me a Supermodel". Usually I don't do the modeling side of things but I thought I would give it a shot. So far it really just makes me hate pretty people. Ok...let me back up again. I'm not a hot guy. I know I'm not. It's not really that big of a deal and I think I'm hot enough for myself. I don't turn heads, I don't get sultry looks from strangers, and I have a bitch of a time finding clothes that look good on me, but out of all this I think I like it that way. I almost feel bad for pretty people sometimes. They constantly have to worry about what they look like and their appearance gets in the way of people liking them for who they are, and occasionally their appearance reaches obsession level. Just watched a show on young people getting plastic surgery and I've had a little experience with pretty people getting obsessed with what they look like. Anyway...just wanted to talk about that for a little bit. I hope everyone looks in the mirror and sees what they want to see.
Tommy "I'd do me" Schubert
EDIT: Ok...we're taking me a little too literally here. The disease is a passion for fashion. That is all.
Comments:
Post a Comment
