<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Crave! 


And you aren't going to believe this but it's not brains that I crave! I'm no zombie, but I was doing a little thinking a couple minutes ago and bouncing some things off Erin L. 's head and I came to what I think might be a new theory on how I feel right now. That's always fun. We keep coming back to subjects like this but that's just how things are. Women. I was talking with Erin when I realized that I don't want a girlfriend, I don't need a girlfriend and I wouldn't necessarily like a girlfriend. I crave a girlfriend.

What' s the difference? Well...think of it like this: a person that quits smoking in the correct and most beneficial way just doesn't want to smoke anymore. For the first little while, relative to how long they were a smoker, they will still get the craving for a smoke. It will wax and wane relative to circumstance and there will be those times when they just put themselves in the situations they used to be in when the smoked but this time they just won't. Call it a test, call it nostalgia or just call it hanging out with their friends, but any way you swing it they will crave that cigarette. They don't logically want it and they definitely don't need it, but they can just feel something inside them that craves it. It goes away after a while and they stop thinking about it but for that relative length of time they still crave it whenever it comes up in conversation or they have a good meal or a good fuck or just smell it on someone. That's why I think the word "crave" describes how I'm feeling about girlfriends right now. I know I can't afford the time for one and I can't afford the emotional involvement for one but I crave one anyway. I make the constant logical choice not to have one but I crave one anyway.

Anyway. Just need to come here and lay out how I was feeling at the moment. It helps to straighten out my thoughts. I hope it all makes sense but I really don't need it to. :) Tootles people! Time to get back to studying!

Tommy "and by studying I mean showering and then watching a movie!" Schubert

Comments:
I like the description of crave, but you've got one part wrong - it never goes away - at least not yet. It's been years since I was a smoker, but I still crave a smoke on (many) occasion(s).

Mike "smoke 'em if you got 'em" Friedman
 
I don't know if I can agree with you in saying that it's wrong. In the experience I've had with people and chemical addiction I usually do tell them that the addiction never really goes away and that they are going to have to be wary and fight it their entire lives. It's a little discouraging but rather true for most chemical addictions. Psychological addictions are more what I'm talking about but couldn't come up with a really good example, so I just used a chemical one. Psychological addictions are a tricky foe and STILL not quite what I was talking about, "crave" definitely describes it best. I just cut a couple corners to make it more relative to what I was talking about. I'm always hesitant to use words like "wrong".

Tommy "teacher for life? God I hope not..." Schubert
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?