Tuesday, March 04, 2008
Goodbye, and Thank You for Everything...

I just have a simple note today. Erin L. texted me early today and told me that Gary Gygax died. I denied it until after class and then went straight to look it up. It's true.
Gary Gygax died this morning at the age of 69, he's been relatively sick the last couple years. He's survived by his wife Gail.
To imagine how many lives have been shaped and how many industries took direct cues from his work is just too much. Few people in the world have had such an impact on so many of the things I love.
I rarely cry when famous people die...this one I'm actually still a little misty about several hours after finding out. I wish his remaining family all the best and I hope he's rolling twenties where ever he is...thank you for being a part of what makes me me Mr. Gygax.
Tommy "trying not to cry in the middle class" Schubert
