Monday, March 03, 2008
The Gutting!

Just as a note I should be gutting my PC tomorrow assuming all my parts come in as planned. This means I could potentially be unreachable for the mere span of a couple hours or several days. Please cross your fingers that it's the former and not the latter. I'll be saying goodbye to Twenty Black and saying hello to....well...Twenty Black. I won't be changing the case so the way I'll see it is it's the same PC. Sorry if I disappointed anyone by skimping on my usual anthropomorphism. This is the same way I have really done everything. It's the opposite from the way I handle people. With people I don't care what they really look like on the outside, with my inanimate objects it's really all about what they look like on the outside. Yeah...that might not make much sense but how many of you knew I completely gutted Zod's engine and transmission and never changed the name? ;) It's just how I roll I guess. I like to think if it as a gift to Twenty Black and myself...for 4 long and awesome years of service. I think he'll appreciate it. I know I will. On that note several of you know that I keep all my electronics in perfect working order, so the below list are the parts that I'll be selling. Prices listed. Discounts given for sex.
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ ----> $20
Motherboard: AOpen AK86-L ----> selling only with processor...otherwise free.
Hard Drive: Western Digital Raptor 10000 RPM SATA 74 GB ----> $109
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB ----> $150
Memory: 1GB Mushkin Blue pc3200 ----> $40
Power Supply: Antec Truepower 430w ---- $30
Basically I'm parting with everything except the Dual Layer DVD-RAM drive and the case. If you would like to supply money for a case and a drive I would gladly re-build it for you with the OS still intact. I might even leave you a little porn...if you ask nice.
Tommy "Parting is such sweet sorrow" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment