Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Ghost Bar

So...I haven't really been able to update lately because during all points in time where I wasn't watching a movie, or at a party until the wee hours of the morning I have been trying to sleep, eat something or just plain slap myself that this is evening happening. Let me give you a quickie on last night because I really need to get back downtown and keep doing my thing.
Immediately after school I headed downtown to watch two of the movies on my list. Chatted with a couple filmmakers while I was there. Caught a world premier for Split: A Divided America. Chatted with Kelly Nyks who I basically got very excited about coming and talking to our kids on Monday. The flaky SMU people didn't call him back so I jumped on it and talked our program up and he absolutely LOVED coming to see our kids. It was awesome. We're buddies now. (at least until he heads back to LA or Holland...where ever he's headed next)
So late last night I head over to LFT for a party for Sam Rockwell's movie that just screened. It's called Snow Angels. I don't know if it's playing again at the festival but that's not the point. Oh and Bill Paxton was there too but at this point he's been at almost every party I've been to so I found myself going, "Oh Bill Paxton is here...eh...". Which feels really odd to say. So after talking up some people I head over to the most logical next party at the Ghost Bar. Chuck D from Public Enemy was there and performing for a bunch of us rich white folks...it was a little awkward...but I really enjoyed it :) Met a lot more people (yes, several of them hot chicks) and then ended up hanging out with Sam Rockwell a little bit. He thought it was funny that someone most of us knows has a Zaphod costume that she likes to wear around the house on occasion. Well...he thought it was funny in a good and endearing way :) Anyway...I really need to get out and get back to the festivities. I took today and tomorrow off so I could rub elbows late into the night.
What??!! It's paying off! Get off my back! ;) I got one of our former students an internship last night...at 2:45am, so bugger off! :) It pays to be able to stay up until morning night after night, stay perfectly sober so you can remember what to say, and it really helps if you just don't get star struck. Anyway...like I already said: I'm out. Catch you guys tonight when I come back home...I'll try and update again.
Tommy "Brown hair = Brunette, Red Hair = Red Head, Black hair = Blackette? Black head? WTF?" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment