Sunday, April 13, 2008
I feel like I'm cheating

I mean I love my Wii but there's just something about the extensive custamizability of the PS3. Do I still hate Sony? Fuck yeah. That's why I bought the system used. They get none of my money. That's how I tend to roll with Microsoft too. Bought Vista on eBay. Anyway...stretching personal morals aside. I fucking love my PS3. I've been using it in one capicity or another since I got it and there's STILL shit I'm discovering. Just connected to it through the network and streamed some crystal clear anime off my pc's HDD. That was pretty awesome. Could really stand to be more supported codecs but considering it already has everything else beat console wise for media playback. I've still yet to use any of the PSP stuff, the backwards compatibility stuff, connection of mouse and keyboard, or the internet browser. I've really only scratched the surface with the media server stuff so I need to fuck with that a little more.
How about the games? I have an HD television so they obviously look fucking awesome. I'm playing Rock Band like it's going out of style and I'm already on the B license for Paradise city and not bored or slowing down yet. I downloaded a couple demos too and I think I'll be going to be doing a lot of renting. They game prices are just out of reasonable price range for shit I'm only going to be playing through once. Just that simple.
I've been playing a couple movies too. Honestly? Bluray isn't really all it's cracked up to be. Basically it looks marginally better than my upsampling DVD player. That and movies are, ready yourself, over $30. Yeah. So needless to say I haven't bought anything yet. I HAVE on the other hand been delighted that Blockbuster has started carrying them and will let me get free rentals of them when I bring in my online movies to turn in. That and you can order them online just like anything else without any extra change. That's nice. I will say that their extras are nicer and that their menus are more responsive and accessible. But loading times, however short, for a movie? Is that a joke? Anyway. That's my take. Oh right...one last thing: blue tooth Bluray remote? Fucking awesome.
Ok...it's about time that I move on and get back to my movie already in progress. If anyone out there has a PS3 my handle is as you might expect. "Cerif27".
Tommy "I wonder if I'll ever adopt a new handle?" Schubert
Comments:
Is there any reason to register friends on the PS3? On the Wii there's mail and stuff.
I use TVersity to stream anime to the TV... at least I did, until I just got an extra long cable to hook up the computer to the TV.
If you like flying/shooting/war games, there's Warhawk, which can be downloaded for $30. We got it used for $20. Geoff really likes it, but I keep running the planes into the ground.
I use TVersity to stream anime to the TV... at least I did, until I just got an extra long cable to hook up the computer to the TV.
If you like flying/shooting/war games, there's Warhawk, which can be downloaded for $30. We got it used for $20. Geoff really likes it, but I keep running the planes into the ground.
There's mail and online notifications even when you're playing. I guess that's incentive. I don't really need incentive though for me it's more that I'm interested in playing games with my friends when we (eventually) have the same games.
Yeah I have experimented with a lot of ways to get anime and movies to the TV...frankly? The PS3 makes it just super easy. My media folder on my computer is it's own icon on my crossbar media tabs. How much easier can you get? No mice to fuck with from across the room. It's really nice.
I have considered getting it but I'm really not a huge online fan. If I manage to get it cheap I'll let you know...that and you guys STILL haven't registered me as a friend!! ;)
Tommy
Post a Comment
Yeah I have experimented with a lot of ways to get anime and movies to the TV...frankly? The PS3 makes it just super easy. My media folder on my computer is it's own icon on my crossbar media tabs. How much easier can you get? No mice to fuck with from across the room. It's really nice.
I have considered getting it but I'm really not a huge online fan. If I manage to get it cheap I'll let you know...that and you guys STILL haven't registered me as a friend!! ;)
Tommy
