<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Moment of truth 

We'll I'm so close to the end of my required courses that I can taste it. There's a problem, of course. The class I've been taking on multiculturalism actually has been a bit of an issue. During this class I have made more idiot mistakes than I ever have in my life. First things first, I received my first failing grade on a test. The test in question? There were three duplicate questions and several insanely ambiguous sets of answers. The test was NOT a good test. I have made several dozen tests in my time and I can tell you right here that if any of my tests had looked like that they would have been vetoed by administration and thrown out on the spot. Regardless my 66 went into the grade book. I double check to see what I have coming up that might compensate. Let's see...final exam and two papers. No problem let's just check the paper deadlines. Ok...says one is due July 1st and the other...shit...seriously? Two days ago? Man...I'm so fucked. Luckily the big and past due paper was actually optional. Dodged a bullet there but I tend to do the optional stuff so I wasn't happy with myself. Flash forward!

So that was the 22nd of June and quite a while ago. I've had the time to email my professor who doesn't seem into replying to any emails. I have since decided that I just needed to do my best on the final and the last paper. So the second to last week of class comes around. Read four chapters. Check. Assignment? None. Odd. Then the last week of class comes around. I hit the online class page thinking that the final will be posted and I can put it on my calender and get a sense of how I need to pace myself. Nothing. No assignment and no lecture and no reading. Very odd. The class forums are on fire wondering where the exam is and what the hell is going on with the class. Oh wait! I finally have a reply to my original email from weeks ago! Oh...nevermind it's not a reply it's a mass email to the entire class. Just a couple sentences. No final. Email him if you're worried about your grade. Great. Fuck.

So here I am trying to slam out a reaction paper to the book I read. Ugh. If I don't pass this class I'm going to rain hell on this professor. Anyway. Later people.

Tommy "Frick! I hate me some online courses!" Schubert

Comments:
Geoff took a class like that- the crappy, crappy teacher ended up giving everyone a's and b's. I'm currently in a fantastic online course, so I know it CAN be done well- good online teachers seem to be a rarity, though.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?