<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Roof over my head 

Ok so I've been kinda busy the last couple days. Mom and I have been going a little nuts looking for a house. I'm hoping that it chills out and starts to slow down here soon but it looks like I'll be a home owner here kinda soon. I mean...I guess I don't know how long the process is but I'm hoping that it's going to take a little longer. I need a couple more days to go over this one so I don't feel like I'm rushing into anything. Currently we're looking pretty hard at a townhome in the old neighborhood that Dan and I were living in. It's on a different street but it's the same home owner's association. The house needs quite a bit of work but I do really like it. Personally I could be excited about the house but I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm doing what I usually do about stuff like this. Anticipation is something that clouds peoples heads. I tend to purposefully put feelings like that away. There's a drawback and it happens every time. People look at me and give me shit for not being excited enough. You have no idea how many times I've heard, "Dude! Smile! You're about to [own a car/move to Europe/graduate]!" It gets a little old. I mean...I really am excited on the inside but if I let it get to me I'm just going to be disappointed if something goes wrong. I do it to protect myself. Wait...why am I talking about this? Oh right...the house.

So this house needs a little work but it's still pretty cool. The backyard is big, for a townhome, the porch is nice and fully covered and the backyard is almost completely private due to the 16 foot trees surrounding it. The place itself is HUGE. It's almost 3000 square feet and perfect for a couple roommates. Lots of room between rooms so people aren't on top of eachother all the time. Reminds me of "the house" but much bigger. Basically the smallest bedroom is the size of a normal master bedroom...and there's four bedrooms. So lots of room and lots of closet space. The biggest spare bedroom is currently made up to be a media room but it's about the same size as the master bedroom which is also HUGE. But anyway...like I said, the place is big. We're going to hear about the inspection that was recently done on the house later today. I'll need a roommate pretty fast because without one it's going to be really tight. Dooable but tight. Regardless. If this goes down at this place? Say hello to the new Wednesday Night Thanksgiving location! :) What??! I'm trying to be reasonably excited ;)

Click the picture if you want to check out the house.

Tommy "would really like time to slow down now" Schubert

Comments:
Wow! Good luck. The home buying process is a little scary.... at least it was for me. All this legalese thrown about and sign this and sign that and they probably could have tricked me into selling my soul or something. Looks like a really nice place. And 3000 sq feet? man, that's friggin' massive. My house is only 1400 is sq feet. The master bedroom in that house is as big as my living room/dining room combined!
 
Oh yeah it's scaring the hell outta me but I'm keeping all that pushed pretty deep. On the inside I'm absolutely freaking out. I walked the neighborhood a couple hours ago just to get a feel for it. It's really nice. It's actually so nice, that something is bound to go wrong. But I only say that because I tend to expect the worst in most situations. Rarely disappointed! :)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?