Sunday, February 01, 2009
Listening Party

So I was bumming around the other daythinking that I had a number of people I knew that really liked music. It was a revelation that I really love music and that a lot of people have plenty of music to share with me and vice versa. I was thinking on my way down to San Antonio that it might be cool to have a listening party. I was thinking really hard about the rules. What kind of music to allow, how many songs you can bring, what order to play them in, where to have it, what to do while we listened, etc. I came up with an early list so let me know what you guys think.
-Bring whatever genre of music you want from any year.
-Try and limit your music selections to personal finds so that we don't have stuff people already know a lot about. The point is to introduce people to stuff they haven't heard before.
-Bring anywhere between 3 and 10 songs but no more than two songs from the same artist.
-We're going to be organizing them into a playlist with each individual's set of songs in order of turning them in.
-Give me either a playlist or a set of MP3's before the party.
That's what I have so far. After reading it again it feels like it needs to be a little less formal. But where to cut corners? Anyway thought it was a good idea so get back to me if you have any suggestions!
Tommy "Needs to think about what age means to him" Schubert
Comments:
I'm such a nerd I read this and think "ooo, it would be neat to build a web application so people could submit their mp3's via a nice web interface and it would all get organized automatically."
*hangs head in dork shame*
(Sadder still is building such an application would probably take me months, because I'm not very good at the programming thing yet)
Post a Comment
*hangs head in dork shame*
(Sadder still is building such an application would probably take me months, because I'm not very good at the programming thing yet)
