<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Al Cap 




Ok so this is going to sound dumb to you. Yesterday was amazing. Plain and simple. The school day was mundane but on the way home I resigned myself to find my old-man hat. I haven't been able to find it since I bought my house and it's rather important to me. I bought it in Spain when I lived there briefly. I wore it every day and it kept me from having to wear sunscreen on my face when I walked around. I had it on while I shot pictures of over three dozen examples of the best graffiti I have ever seen. I wore it as I wandered the last moorish stronghold left in Spain. I took it with me to country after country for the last 8 years. Anyway!!! (sheesh) I told myself that I was going to search every inch of my house until I found it. I started in the northwest corner of my room and worked my way meticulously east. Closet. Bags. Under bed. All my jacket pockets. Chest of drawers. Hall closet. Every inch of the boxes I haven't unpacked yet. Nothing. It took about an hour to to get that far. I was about to give up when I decided to check one last place. The small unused cabinets in my foyer. First? Bunch of mail from the previous owner. Second? Second??? MY FUCKING HAT!!!!! I squealed like a little girl and held my hat aloft and ran up and down the hall until I was out of breath. Man. I love that hat and finding it was just the beginning of an awesome day.

I also fixed my garage door keypad opener. That has been bugging me for a while. But fixing it was just a matter of calming down. Getting a new battery, aaaaand calling the free genie troubleshooting hotline listed on the keypad itself. I felt like an idiot not doing that months ago. :P

I also got my stud finder working and put up two of my oldest wall decorations. My packman coat hook thing my dad made for me. And my "Be Happy" poster. They both mean a lot to me.

Then, of course, something simple but much more interesting happened that evening. But we won't get into that.

Oh! And it was a junk shearing night.

Tommy "yeah.... I did just say that." Schubert

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?