Friday, April 17, 2009
Lady Flips

I don't really have anything to talk about but I thought I would jump on here and talk about random crap. Hope you don't mind, I have another 35 minutes before dnd club is over.
So I went to this concert the other day to see Stereo Total and though I loved Stereo Total I was absolutely blown away by the other band from fucking Idaho of all places. Leslie Hall and her band seriously busted my shit. It was awesome. Not only did they have some really catchy beats and absolutely hilarious lyrics, but they put on an amazing show. They are definitely in the top five best shows I have ever seen. And as many of you know, that's really saying a lot as I have seen an uncountable number of bands at this point. Check them out on YouTube. You'll probably find them under Leslie Hall or Leslie and the Lys. Don't pass that up people. Before I left the show I was walking home with their entire discography, a t-shirt and a sticker. Yeah. Not fucking around.
I have found that I am obsessive about my yard. This is seriously weird for me. When I was a kid I REALLY hated mowing the lawn. It didn't matter that it really only took about 30 minutes to mow my parents' yard but still, I hated it. Really. But now? I kinda like it. I like the mower, the edger, my hand spade, my garden gloves. It's fucked up for me, and my parents think I have been replaced by an alien. So this unfortunately leads to me having a couple other things that stress me out now. Like specifically: weeds, fire ants, and Johnson's grass. So if anyone has any super effective advice on any of those fronts PLEASE pass it on. My weeds are mostly gone but the other two I'm currently locked in stalemate with. Fucking hate weeds. Fucking hate johnson's grass. And fucking hate fire ants.
And that chick? Yeah Ted and I got her hooked on Warhawk. Hilarious. :D
Seeing The Faint next week, gonna be pretty awesome. Here's hoping everythings goes smoothly.
Aaaaand couple days ago I perpetrated the most heinous overdraft of my life. After throwing 200 dollars at my bank account I still need to throw 300 more before I'm out of the woods. I don't get paid until the 27th. I feel like an idiot.
Ok I'm wrapping up the kiddos and still need to find a picture for this one. Signing out.
Tommy "Midwestern Diva" Schubert
Comments:
It's weird how some people obsess over their lawn and others don't. I can't bring myself to really care that much if there are weeds in my yard. (I just have other, possibly sillier obsessions.)
Also- one thing I DON'T miss about Texas- the fire ants.
Post a Comment
Also- one thing I DON'T miss about Texas- the fire ants.
