Saturday, April 11, 2009
Simplicity at it's simplest

Kids are simple. They either like something or they don't. Adults just have so much to think about. So much to consider with every decision. So much running through your head before something comes out your mouth. So many other peoples' perceptions to consider. Friends. Family. Work. Roommates. School. Bosses. Children. Siblings. Just so much stuff. But kids? I want. That's really all they need to know. It's sans consequences. Sans thought. Sans remorse. It's beautiful. Really something beautiful. And something you don't get back until the end. Which is kinda sad. But kind of like a reward. A reward for making it to the end. Making it that far. Anyway. I was just thinking about that. I mean. When I'm 80 I reserve the right to call someone who's being a cunt, a cunt. Just sayin'. Be ready.
Well I guess really all I wanted to get across was that sometimes it's just ok to make a big decision like a kid might. Irresponsible? Maybe. Immature? Quite the contrary. Doing it selectively. Stepping outside of your situation. Stepping outside of the anticipated redicule. Just making a call. It's liberating. It's scary. It's the kind of thing life is made of. So? Let people live...ya know. Every once in a while.
Tommy "finds it impossible to not think of the consequences" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment