<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Bareback 




Something tells me this post is going to take a while. Let's hope not but you never know.

So couple odd/interesting things have happened recently. I got my back waxed! For those of you who have ever seen my back in all it's glory you should rejoice as it's glory is no more! It was pretty fucking painful. Not gonna lie there. I didn't cry or flinch but I did say, "fuck! That hurt!" several times. I didn't bleed (profusely) but it felt like my back had been skinned. Literally. I was instructed to not work out or get sweaty for 24 hours. So...I went home and took a long nap before heading off the the symphony. All that was nice and coming home was nicer, but my evening turned really really late very fast. I didn't have time for a shower. Mistake one. When I woke up the next afternoon I absent-mindedly did what I do with some regularity. I started working on the yard. I had a real bee in my bonnet and incidently was chased by several wasps and a yellowjacket, but that's beside the point. I was REALLY sweaty. Mistake number two. Did I run in and take a shower? Nope. My final mistake, for by the evening just about every follicle on my back was full of puss. Delightful image right? Try not to think about it, and don't worry I won't go into detail about how I "cured" myself. It wasn't pretty. But long story short: my back feels much better now :D. And I don't look like my head hair and ass hair are madly in love and are slowly attempting to consumate their love in the middle of my back. That's nice too.

Let's see. What else happened? Ah! Something that I literally never thought I would see: Letters to Cleo, the last of my favorite bands that I have yet to see in concert, are having a limited engagement reunion tour. And they are coming to Dallas. I just about shat my pants at three in the morning when I found out they are coming later this month. I was beside myself with joy and I'm still getting residuals. This is a band that I discovered shortly before they broke up. Have all their songs memorized. Saw "10 things I hate about you" and "Josie and the pussycats" just because of them. Send a birthday card to the lead singer's newborn. The works people. But then, before they went back out on the road they had broken up. These are songs that helped shape my personality. This concert will be a big deal. I literally cannot wait!! :D

Oh yeah and the Friedman's had a kid, but considering I'm one of the few who doesn't get MMS it's quite possible I was one of the last to find out from the pool of people who read this blog. Looks like his dad, which I'm told is an evolutionary defense against getting eaten by other males. Interesting. But seriously the kid is super-cute and here's hoping everything is going smashingly so far. :D. I can't wait to see the little guy next month. I wonder if he'll be driving by then...?

Tommy "hopes no other males eat Gabe" Schubert

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?