Friday, August 14, 2009
Haven't I already done this?

So here we go. It's been a busy busy summer. Kinda. Little bit of travel, lots if DVDs of tv shows, good friends, good rest, thick grass, and an unusual number of dates. Like the one this weekend! And the one last weekend! But today is freshman orientation. I'm back at work. I can't complain as I really like this job and the people I work with but it does mark the end of the summer and almost marks my 31st birthday. Using the help of my friends, namely Heather, I have finally been convinced to date more than one chick at a time. I tried this when I was in high school but it was a huge mistake. But that was different. This is literally just dates. If I feel like going out with someone I just ask them! It's genius!
Well I had a not-so-date-date last weekend (Can't thank you enough Miles!) but I wouldn't say that went so well. It was fun as it was happening but well...for lack of being a jerk, the situation was evidently more complicated than I was aware of. Unrequited love, meeting wives, being awkward. Ya know. The usual. I was but a bystander...but an entertained one! :)
This weekend I have Brian to thank for...mostly. When I was down in San Antonio last time with my last "girlfriend" we all went swimming and hung out for memorial day. Brian invited some friends and his friends invited friends. Soon enough we had a bunch of people there! You would think, as I did, that I would have the most to talk about with my girlfriend. I just didn't. The day before was the very beginning of the end it turned out. But that day I had a lot to talk about with this chick named Lauren. I didn't think much of it at the time but we chatted a lot. Not flirted! I'm not an asshole! Just chatted. So on our way back the GF actually mentions what a fantastic ass Lauren had. I hadn't really thought about it...but NOW I was! And she had been on my mind since. Well since the breakup a couple months ago I had been bugging Brian to help me get in contact with her. I kept getting a simple brush-off but I would ask when I talked to him anyway. Fast forward MONTHS later and I had all but given up and persued other interests and then bam! Email from Brian telling me that she's interested too! WTF? He had remembered, he was just really REALLY slow about it. And remained kinda slow as it then took over a week and a half to actually get her number off him. But now we actually spent the entire week talking for hours and hours on end every night this week. First date this weekend. No idea how it's going to go, but it does beg the question: do I really want to do this again? She has a JOB in SA. I have a house here. I've done the long distance thing again and again but now that I'm getting more and more dates, do I really want to? Needless to say the last one didn't turn out so well...depending on your perspective. Dan seems to be pulling it off...but could I do it again? Do I have it in me? Is it oddly perfect for me right now? I don't really know all those answers. But I like this chick and I want it to work out. I'll keep ya posted.
That's really all I have these days. The usual. Ya know , it's funny. I only tend to post when I either have a lot to think about or I'm just plain bored. There has got to be something wrong with that. Anyway, back to freshman orientation, I guess :P
Tommy "Happy birthday Mike!!" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment
