<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 06, 2009

Lazy Friday Night 


So I've been sitting around all day since I got home from work this afternoon. This is the third weekend since before the school year started that I have been home and not out of town. What's funny about being here is that unlike being wherever I've been in the previous weekends I really just don't have anything to do tonight. It's really weird to be REALLY bored like this. It's kinda nice and kinda fucked up. Funny how that works. I mean I've been almost 100% entertained every weekend for the last three months. Here I am trying to get everyone to come and hang out here in Dallas and shit just isn't happening. It's kinda sad but in the same breath kinda telling. I mean. Seriously? I love it here but it's kinda boring. I'm not saying that it's boring enough to leave or more or anything like that but man. I seriously need more friends here. With so many of the fringe buddies going completely AWOL I'm just gonna have to go out and get some more. I think I might actually start with finding a D&D group. I don't know when I'll get off my ass and do it but sooner rather than later I think. We'll see.

Lately I've been playing the shit out of a couple games. Borderlands has been taking an incredible amount of time. I mean I have been playing the SHIT out of that game. And it's really awesome. It's WAAAAAY more fun with friends but that doesn't mean it's not still fun alone. So...just sayin...if anyone snags this on PC let me know and I'm all over questing with you! I also totally made bank at the blockbuster closing near my house. Snagged a couple games for presents and a couple for myself. More accurately: I snagged four PS3 games for the price of one new one. Look around and see if your local blockbuster is closing. Good deals. Oh...and in case you're curious I've been really enjoying the newest Prince of Persia. Super fun if not a little repetitive. I've also been enjoying Beneath a Steel Sky on my iPhone. Good stuff and totally on sale for 2.99 right now. Go get it if you enjoy point and click adventure games. It's a really good redux.

Outside of that I've been watching a bunch of loooong ass movies. I really wish they would stop coming over my blockbuster account. But regardless here are a couple super-short reviews: Laurence of Arabia - too long and mostly not worth it; Kite Runner - Don't miss it; Lolita (1962, Kubrick) - hilarious and more than worth it; Ponyo - Fuck CG, hand drawing rules!; Astro Boy - an interesting, very American take.

Ok...my night just called it quits. My boring friend wants to play some more Borderlands instead of doing anything fun in the real world. So I'm off!

Tommy "made a near-exact copy of himself on the Dragonage Character Creator" Schubert

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?