<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 01, 2010

Things just grab you sometimes 


So this entire week I was playing Mass Effect 2. I do this sometimes where a game just grabs me. It just takes control and I play it very second and forgo anything else that might be normal for that time period. I don't do as many showers. I don't get as much sleep. I don't brush my teeth as much. I don't do a lot of things as much as I would normally. Sometimes I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm never quite sure what it is. Why it grabs me. Sometimes it's good gameplay, sometimes it's a good story. It could really be anything. This time it was the story. I just couldn't stop playing. I wanted to know what happens next. It's like a good book I guess. It's like the best tv show you've ever seen. It's how I know for a FACT that games are art. I wouldn't say they are always art but I would say that if they wanna be. they just are. Mass Effect is a work of art. It's a finely woven story supported by well crafted and compelling characters. Characters so lifelike that I have to say, I haven't looked past a depicted alien and seen only the humanity underneath in a long time. Kudos.

Outside of that, I can't think of anything that is really going on of note. I'm coming up on my 3rd Valentine's Day outside of a relationship. I don't really think I have a problem with that though. I mean...I'm really happier than I have been in a really long time...and it's nice. I have friends that are coming out of the woodwork. I'm back to playing DND. I have tons of games to play. Work is good. Things are pretty nice. I think I might just be trying to talk myself into this feeling but I hope I'm wrong. Current Valentine's Day plans couldn't get any more pathetic though. DND session in the morning and probably nothing at all in the evening. Ya know: unless I wrangle up another not-date/date with Tracye or Mary. We'll see.

So I'm watching They Live right now. It's pretty cool actually. It's an older Clive Barker movie. Interesting. Anyway. I've run out of things to say and I'm about to head out anyway and get a new desk chair. Laters.

Tommy "misses the Mako" Schubert

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?