Sunday, March 14, 2010
Already Bored

So here I am at the beginning of my spring break. I'm a little bored already but I really think playing DnD during the first weekend is a really great idea. We're about halfway through our session having a great time on a BEAUTIFUL Sunday afternoon. Forktongue Spiritfinger is still ramming around kicking ass and about to hit 4th level. Our two new members are here for the second session in a row and seem to be actually enjoying themselves. They have also been a nice addition to the friend group as a whole. So if anyone comes up here you can say "Hi" to Nic (and his wife Amy) and "Hot" Dave. So many David's in our groups we just have to give them all nicknames. Anyway...they have been a lot of fun.
Let's see...news since I last posted and my schedule started to get INSANE. Hmmmm. Ok...got invited to be on the executive board for the Asian Film Festival of Dallas which I'm crazy excited about. They don't know exactly what I'm going to do for them but I've already been told that I'm more active than most of the other members so far. I'm pretty proud of being invited on even though I did a lot of lobbying to actually get invited. But ya gotta lobby when you want things these days. Same thing I did for my job. Wouldn't have either if I didn't make SURE they knew I wanted it.
Just did my down and back stint for German folk dancing state competition a couple weeks ago. They finally put some hot chicks as judges with me. They were college age but they were a least a LOT nicer to look at than the old bags I'm usually stuck with. There was a bit of craziness that just didn't make me happy about the experience. Basically the people running it had such shitty communication that I came down the week before and stayed with Adam and Vance only to discover that they had changed the dates and never told me. That was a joyous couple weeks.
Just last week was actually pretty fun. I went to the Theory of Knowledge retreat with some students. That one is always fun and interesting. It's just something unique to watch a bunch of the most intelligent kids our school has to offer....deal with being out of doors. Imagine this, "Hey what's that?", "Don't touch it...", "why not? [grab!]", "...It's poison oak". And other stuff that's also entertaining: "Is that a hawk?", "Huh? That up there? No...that's a vulture...you're an idiot."
For me, I had been camping with my parents and boyscouts for just about my entire life. Getting to be there for these students during their first encounters with the wilderness was pretty funny and pretty eye-opening. It really makes me appreciate my parents and my upbringing even more than I already did.
Anyway...we've wrapped up DnD and it's beautiful outside so I guess I'll head out. I'm pulling weeds, fertilizing, and trying really hard to get rid of the giant, rotten logs in my backyard. They really get ripe with bugs and shit so I'm trying to get rid of them before the season gets bad. Maybe I'll see Alice, but that's just not something I really care to do right now. Anyway...I'm out. Sorry this one was so long, just catching up :)
Tommy "fourth level Dragonborn Warlord" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment