<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Two things at once. 


So here I am on the precipice of another big change. Funny thing is? It's not really me that's changing.

Ted leaves tomorrow. He won't be back for a good long while. This is a really big and positive move for Ted so I'm really wishing him all the best. That's not the problem. Actually...it's not like there really is a problem. This is what things looking good looks like. Jobs. New places. New experiences. New friends. I'm actually a little jealous. No really! I really enjoy the excitement of uprooting my life and moving it someplace else. You got to start all over again. You get to be someone else. Maybe you were the ubernerd in your original group, in your new group you could be the lady killer, or even the leader. Maybe there are new places that just speak to you. Like a badass comic store, or a coffee shop that just can't get any cooler. Your choices are infinite. Your roots are free. I really love that feeling and I really miss it sometimes. Ted doubted that I was actually a little jealous when I mentioned it the other day. That's too bad. It's true.

Not all that much going on lately that's worth talking about. DIFF just ended a couple days ago. Got a number and a couple chick contacts outta it, but nothing has happened from them that's worth mentioning quite yet. Met Lou Diamond Phillips and Wally Pfister, both were really cool guys. Hung out a lot at the filmmaker's lounge. Saw a bunch of my film friends that I basically only see at the festival as none of them really invite me anywhere and never come when invited. Saw almost twenty films this year. Lots of documentaries. I would recommend some but most of them are actually already on video. I'm just really glad it's over and really irked that, though I finally mustered the courage to call the chick I got the number for, she just didn't answer the phone...or call me back. Oh well. I often wonder why I even bother.

I'm really excited about a couple lame ass things lately.

I bought a chiclet keyboard for my computer. Unfortunately that didn't have any in America so I had to order one from the UK. I'm just recently finding out (I exclusively touch type) that a lot of the more irrelevant key are actually labeled differently. Hope that never becomes a problem.

I also turned my netbook in to an eReader. Let me tell you: I HIGHLY recommend doing this if you have a netbook. It's cheaper and more functional than just about anything else out there and it's light enough to read comfortably for hours. I have completely caught up with The Walking Dead and have been really enjoying Herogasm, and The Boys. I have just about all of the Invincible series and I'm reading like a mad-person. It's really really awesome. That combined with using my netbook for AFFD meetings, D&D, browsing the web infront of the TV, the usual word processing, anime and movie watching, I really just can't think of why someone would want an iPad over a simple netbook. Especially considering they are already significantly more powerful that mine with even longer battery life.

Ok...I have been writing this off and on for several hours now and it's just time to bed. Night all. I'll be back soon probably. Only seven more weeks of school!

Tommy "my @ sign is where the quotes symbol should be" Schubert

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?