Friday, June 25, 2010
Horse Stance

Yesterday was my second day of Kung Fu classes and I have the weekend to decide if I want to do this for an entire year. They are on year contracts, for whatever reason, and I have to sign one or stop going to class come Monday. Last Monday and Wednesday were my trial classes. They were pretty interesting and really something I want to be a part of. I think. The first class seemed to last forever, and before we were even done stretching I was about to pass out. No...I mean, I seriously had to put my head between my legs and take a five minute break....from stretching. Well...technically it was round three of stretches, but still. I was sweating like I have literally never sweat before. It was pretty fucked up. Before the end of the class though I had worked my way through the first three stances of my first sequence and was feeling pretty good about myself. I practiced a bunch when I got home and felt like I was really getting it. The next class we worked our way down a line in the room doing different kicks. I did NOT feel good about that one. It was about 30 minutes of looking like a COMPLETE idiot. Oh! It also turned out that one of the stances I had already memorized was wrong and my body did NOT want to do it the right way. Anyway...that's just one thing going on this week.
Claire is back in the country and it's about time I went down and visited them. I'm actually more excited to be visiting Ted though. I might just skip San Antonio entirely actually. My schedule is getting tight and I really want to prioritize. I'll be seeing them for the weekend of their wedding anyway. Just something on my mind.
So this chick and I have still been seeing each other. Seems to be going well. Still not going to jinx it by talking about her at length but since some of you already figured it out: Her name is Elizabeth. Yeah...same name as my sister. She even goes by Liz to her friends and family. I don't imagine it will get weird but it COULD get confusing. Kinda makes me think of Hey Ash, Whatca Playing.
Anyway...just finished Defensive Driving and I should be able to take care of this ticket before too long. Ready to be done with this...REALLY hate defensive driving.
Tommy "done rambling" Schubert
Comments:
Post a Comment