<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I Gotta Girl 


I have waited. I have made an effort not to jinx this. I have done everything in my power to make sure this has every chance of working. It has paid off. I now officially have a girlfriend. This is no rebound. This is no fluke. This is not a drill. So...on that note: I guess it's about time I gushed. If I'm going to fuck this up by talking about it too much, it should be around now. Before it gets in too deep.

Her name is Elizabeth. She works at Neimann Marcus as a lead copy editor for the website. She turns 25 in about 5 days. Tall, blond, skinny, really shy, really funny (my kind of funny), agnostic, hmm...what else? Lives down near Love Field, hates to drive, LOVES to eat, has a little puppy, wears glasses, and most importantly: Thinks I'm really cute and generally awesome.

That's about the low-down on Elizabeth. Be happy to answer any questions within reason.

Onto other things: I've been keeping at it. My list, AFFD, playing games, etc. AFFD.org just went live. Well...the NEW site just went live. It looks pretty good and marks a new era for the festival. Stress is running kinda high with the board though. I'm hopeful things will go ok. One of the major things I was doing didn't seem to go through. Not happy about that.

Just played through Metro 2033 and really enjoyed it. It was painfully linear and the monsters were just about some of the worst and most frustrating I have played against in my time. Outside of that it was an interesting story with some of the most compelling and realistic locations and atmosphere I have been immersed in in quite a while. You all know very well that I just don't play straight through games very often and this one I definitely got all the way through at a good clip. Recommended. Now I've been enjoying Just Cause 2 on PC. Good stuff so far. Really really interesting game. HUGE world. No. Really. I've played just about every open world game out there and I have to say: I think this is the biggest. Strangely it's not just open space. It's really full of life and an absurd amount of vehicles. And Jets. Didn't I mention the jets? Landing those little fuckers on highways is about as harrowing as it sounds BTW. If you liked Red Faction Guerrilla, you'll probably like this one. Though it's probably better on console.

Kung Fu is fun, difficult and completely exhausting in under an hour. Also, I look awesome in my uniform. That is all.

I am also about to have a completely empty house. Some might think this a good thing. It is not. It's like getting the whole place to myself, but in exchange taking a $1500 a month pay-cut. This did involve telling Phil he's only got 45 days. This did not go over well as he still doesn't have a real job and hasn't been looking for one. I just hope he doesn't try and fuck me over or steal my shit. That would be really really uncool.

Anyway...I really need to get to sleep as tomorrow is going to be a REALLY long day. Good night all.

Tommy "scared, but happy" Schubert

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?