Saturday, August 14, 2010
Love, True Love

So, here I am on the plane to Dan and Claire's wedding weekend. I'm typing this on OpenOffice Writer and then slapping it into blogger later. If there are any formatting issues because of that, just deal with it.
Took me a long time to pack and get everything ready yesterday for some reason. I skipped Kung Fu for the second time this week. That doesn't make me very happy with myself, but I really needed the time. I knew I was going to dinner with Elizabeth later in the evening and she doesn't like it when I go home before her bedtime. Since this is a wedding weekend, let's go ahead and update with Elizabeth real quick. Things are going pretty well. I'm a little concerned about a couple things but I'm really hoping they will work themselves out. She's not coming to the wedding by the way. Just not in the cards really. She couldn't have gotten off work and I didn't know if she would still be around when I bought the tickets. I honestly don't trust myself all that much these days. I'm sticking in there just to give myself the chance to be happy if that's what this might lead to. It's not like I'm UNhappy, still just a little wary of everything. Case in point: she met my parents the other day and all they really had to say was that she was really pretty, skinny, blond (?!) and really really quiet. They actually refused to give an opinion of what they thought about her because she literally said less than two dozen words the entire time. That refusal was probably a good call but it did make me worry a little.
Funny thing about dating at this age. Basically everyone is looking for one thing: someone to spend the rest of their lives with. I know that's what I'm doing anyway. It's got me thinking into the future all the time and I really don't like looking that far into the future. I think it ruins the present but there's not much I can do to help it. Sex alone just can't drive a relationship for me for very long. I get bored. I can thank Kel for that I guess but meh. All these are just thoughts. Let's move on shall we?
One of the many things that made yesterday take so damn long was realizing that I was going to be in the airport a LOT this weekend. In order to save a little money and make sure not to screw Ted out of a ride, I'm going to be spending a lot of time sitting around waiting. I was gonna need a TV show to watch on my netbook! I went to Blockbuster and saw that Glee's first season was out and I finally had time to watch it! Long story short(er), I ended up not getting it at Blockbuster and went home and downloaded the 720p .MKV's of the entire season. I was gonna have to convert the DVD's anyway so that saved me a step. Took a fucking WHILE to download it for a number of reasons but eventually I got it down. THEN it took me quite a while to get them onto the netbook. For those of you who don't know: thumb drives really don't like transferring large files all that much, takes them significantly longer than normal sizes.
Anyway, I just finished the first episode and I thought I would jump on here and make sure to get down my thoughts before I moved on to the second episode. First impressions are: LOVE the music but hate all the cliche's. I think I'm really going to like it but it REALLY irks me that the hot teachers and ALL the students are essentially the same age. Only one of the high school students is under 24 years old...and it really shows. I mean...when you're going to cast everyone from Broadway (essentially) they are going to look like it. The problem is that this isn't Broadway. I'm not sitting in the audience a hundred feet away, so all I can think of is how that person who's supposed to be a high school student is actually a year older than my girlfriend...and looks it. Oh and when are they getting an Indian kid because they have pathetically and predictably covered all their bases with the race and class issue. Sigh. Three other notes: high school isn't like that. Seriously want to bone the red-headed teacher. Everyone in the show sucks at lip-syncing.
Ok...I'm going to start episode two now.
Oh! One last thing, notes about the plane: two infants who keep shitting themselves in-front of me and coughing every couple seconds basically guarantees I'll be sick this weekend. It's really hard to sleep through strong shit smell. It's even more difficult to sleep through old-religious-guy trying to talk to me absolutely constantly too. Yup. One of THOSE guys.
Ok. Really gone now. Laters!
Tommy “really into caps this time around” Schubert